DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(UPDATED! 7/28/07) - Vilgent's Sig Thread

UPDATED: HOMECOMING PICTURES + NEW MODS

165,000 miles. Three engines. One stop sign. One Ford Explorer. One ditch. One garage door. One metal trash can.

This R/T has been through hell and back. And even though the (newest) engine only has 85,000 miles on it, the entire car hit 165,000 today. Originally, back in 1998, my parents picked up an ES with every additional option you could think of. For whatever reason, they had it on lease, which was weird because they bought every car new before that.

Well, time came to pay the difference or hand it back, and they handed it back. I still remember the car quite a bit. Great ride, great features, but nothing I got to experience first hand as I was still too young to drive.

My parents were so pleased with their first Intrepid (and Dodge experience for that matter), that they went up and picked up the one you see above. My mom wanted options, but since my dad was signing it, he wanted something with power, so alas, they settled on the R/T.

They drove it a lot. I finally got my permit, and this was the car I learned how to drive on. I drove a Jeep for traffic school, but something about the Intrepid I fell in love with. Finally, my liscense came, and I wanted the car. I saved up money for a new car, but all along I really wanted the R/T.

I blew the first engine. I did a lot of stupid **** in one night (and every other time I drove it), and finally, it gave. We replaced the 1st with the 2nd, and no one told me about breaking it in. I smoked the Civic before the next one bit the dust. I also managed to hit a stop sign. Daddy thankfully covered my ass on that one.

The third engine came, and so did the miles. My dad finally got a car for his retirement: a 2-seater Mercedes SLK 320. The R/T I paid $1,500 for and they handed over the keys.

I love this car. I've added a system, had Ibeata add the keyring, and I ordered the R/T on back. Besides that, this car hasn't had anything touched because it's been so good. So, without further ado, here's the rest:

NEW MODS:

- 300m cluster
- Painted brake lights
- Chrome handles
- Added new Infinity components and high-end infinity rear speakers and a new Alpine head unit

UPDATED PICTURES:

------------------------------------------

OLD PICS

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
looking good man.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Phuckin Phil said:
Looks good, I hope you learned your lesson, for your parents sake.
Well now that it's mine I'm a lot more careful :D

But the Explorer smacked into the back of the R/T when my dad was driving it. Some loose wiring and some scratches totaling around $600, where the Explorer got over 3k.

Besides that, the stop sign was my fault. I had an invincibility syndrom driving, and black ice ended that really quick. I'm glad it happened to be honest, stuff like that sort of paints a real-world image.

Looks very good, now quit being a vigilante with your car, vilgent. LOL
-_-

Paint looks clean for its age, or has it been totally re-painted?
Car's paint hasn't been touched

Looking good.
Do you work for Best Buy or just got the lanyard free?

Only problem that I see with the car is the radar detector wiring. I would route it along the headliner and down the pillar might have to add some wiring but I think it would look much better.
I'm actually a Geek Squad agent.

Yeah I was thinking that about the wiring. I dunno, I love the sophistication behind the look of the Intrepid, which is why I'm weary to do any cheap looking add-ons. But the wiring sort of being there shows a teenage element (still only 18) that I kind of like

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
sweet, where'd you swipe that r/t badge. it looks like a charger or magnums badge. it hot.

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
How old are you? at the meet you looked like you were 19 or so. Homecoming?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts