DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Depends on the state you live in, here they can NOT cut a key for you unless you provide an ID, proof of ownership and your insurance card, since that, there is no point to cover the VIN anywhere, so now we have a law stating that we CAN NOT cover our VIN up for any reason.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
idk who would want to steal a $3000 car in the middle of suburbia when there is plenty of escalades and 300m's

still good advice tho
Still, why would you steal something that sticks out so much? If you steal an Escalade or a Benzo, you're more likely to get caught. Not only because of the way it looks, but partly because of anti-theft technology with the higher end vehicles.

·
Registered
192 Posts
It doesn't matter what you do if they want it they will get it. You could have it parked in a garage if they want it they will get it. I saw a car stolen with a Tow truck. Yes it was stolen i didn't know it at the time till i saw it on the news that the car was actually stolen. It was off a car lot and the car was actually up for auction for a charity. They don't need keys to get in there are companies that specialize in training people to get into locked cars.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Here in MI you have to show ownership in 3 ways.

MUST have title.
MUST have insurance.
MUST have regestration.
MUST have Govt. picture ID to prove you're you.

Don't have one of thoes - you're SOL. Even me at a shop - there was ONE specific time I actucally called - and I couldn't even do it. HAVE to have the owner.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts

MUST have title.
MUST have insurance.
MUST have regestration.

Don't have one of thoes - you're SOL. Even me at a shop - there was ONE specific time I actucally called - and I couldn't even do it. HAVE to have the owner.
Hence more dealers need to be like this.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts

MUST have title.
MUST have insurance.
MUST have regestration.

I agree but I'm sure we could find 1 shop in MI that would do it with less then those required items

·
Registered
147 Posts
I think we should get a di.net sticker.. thatd be sweet..
stupid questions time...
1) Where is the VIN # located?
2) On MOST intrepids, is it on the dashboard material(plastic type stuff) or stainless steel?
I can possible make some di.net stickers..
I just need permission, and a file sent to me with the art work..
I work a print shop called Digital Village, www.digitalvillager.net

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hmm, how about getting a label maker and make a fake vin number and slap it on the real one? after all theres a crap load of places that have the VIN numbers on our cars.
Umm, I could see that causing major problems...might even be fraud or something...I'm not a laywer but I DO know putting a fake one on would give cops a REASON to be extra-suspicious...

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
I think we should get a di.net sticker.. thatd be sweet..
stupid questions time...
1) Where is the VIN # located?
2) On MOST intrepids, is it on the dashboard material(plastic type stuff) or stainless steel?
I can possible make some di.net stickers..
I just need permission, and a file sent to me with the art work..
I work a print shop called Digital Village, www.digitalvillager.net

User the site logo and put Protected by DI.net as the wording....:bigok:

·
Registered
147 Posts
User the site logo and put Protected by DI.net as the wording....:bigok:
Ill make some prototypes ASAP. We've been swamped lately with large format plotting, and large format inkjets. I think there might be a slight fee, which I will cover for subscription/membership with the forum :)
Nahh I would cover it..
First, I need to know the size, and what materiel is it on? I could use some 'Window Cling' that we get. Just let me know asap.

·
Registered
11 Posts
What’s up? Wanna know the history of your car for FREE? Send its VIN code, and we will send a vehicle history report to the first 20 users. Hurry up!

·
Premium Member
17,332 Posts
What’s up? Wanna know the history of your car for FREE? Send its VIN code, and we will send a vehicle history report to the first 20 users. Hurry up!
I sent my VIN to yo mama and she has not replied yet.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,017 Posts
Yo Mama says yo VIN Dindonuffin!

·
Woober Goobers!
51,017 Posts
epicFAIL !

21 - 38 of 38 Posts