DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It seems that he beat him by 0.4 seconds. He got a very good hole shot by the way. See, that's what you want to do... have a large power to weight ratio. That's why many are running turbo dodges these days. I think that Viper was stock. I wonder if the Honda had slicks, or if the Viper did too. All in all, a nice race.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the viper is completly stock! no slicks, no K&N, no exhaust and he ran 11.89 with it later on.

the civic was running on slicks and he did a run in the high 11's

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man if you can't watch any movies at work, quit! LOL

i can and my computer also have a built-in speaker :D

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
viprman said:
It seems that he beat him by 0.4 seconds. He got a very good hole shot by the way. See, that's what you want to do... have a large power to weight ratio. That's why many are running turbo dodges these days. I think that Viper was stock. I wonder if the Honda had slicks, or if the Viper did too. All in all, a nice race.
What 0.4 seconds? I didn't see that anywhere ... the Viper definitely got smoked off the line. Which is probably more the driver than the cars fault.

·
Registered
98 Posts
True, but that Civic cost a lot more than that Viper in the end.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Plus, racing a stock car with a modded car makes the race totally irrelevant. I guarantee you that Viper would run a lot faster if you put the same money into it than what went in the Civic. The saying is always true, start out with a better car, end up with a better car. Period.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
96silverIntrepid3.5 said:
True, but that Civic cost a lot more than that Viper in the end.

it didn't cost much... the guy is a mechanic... the whole project cost him like 20G's

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Yeah, Vipers are very expensive even if they are purchased used. I can understand the reason for doing this. It is like our turbo Dodge club. Most of the members get off on crushing more expensive cars with our cheap pos Dodges. Say you have a turbo Caravan and you smoke a MB 230-SLK Kompressor (been done). You get a cheap laugh knowing that you beat a car that cost probably 20 times what you put into the van, but at the end of the day it is still just a van. Meanwhile, the other guy cruises around in a slick ride. So, there is pro's and cons. Plus, sometimes heavily modded cars are not very "streetable."

·
Registered
6,362 Posts
screw the race, ill be that guy in the viper went out and picked up a whole bunch of chicks to ease his pain...

please lets bury that one and never show another clip of dodge getting smoked by an import much less a Honda Civic. Must we have crombie break out his tag lines about civics again?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Love that video of the K car kicking the Supra's ass.

Which also begs the question as to what your point was posting that video. This is a Dodge Intrepid forum. It didn't anger anyone, and pretty much everyone pointed out the irrelevance of racing modded cars to stock cars. It doesn't make me think that Civics are the end-all-to-end-all race cars that all you Honda fags would like everyone to believe. Civics are stilll slow torque-less econo-shitboxes stock. Do you see us prancing around the Import boards posting that K Car vs. Supra video in a pathetic attempt to piss people off? No, because like the Civic video, the K Car video is also irrelevant, it's stock versus modded and means nothing.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
i dont favor any brand of car over the other...i'm attracted to a car by it's looks and origionality. performance is good too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts