DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
The problem is there is no decent application software for Linux.... how are you going to build a desktop database? Is there something comparable to Access on the Linux platform...

Microsoft may be evil but they write excellent software.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You didn't follow the link. Linux is more stable and has a LOT of public domain (free) software. Many tools on Windows came FROM implementations on Linux. I've used both and if you want to FULLY use your computer, Windows is NOT the way to go.
If you'd like database examples, try MySQL ProgressSQL. If you want to stick with windows, feel free to join the ignorant masses.

·
Registered
242 Posts
man! I can't believe I didn't think to download the JVM from SUN. I was actually planning to wait until Microsoft came out with its JVM (java virtual machine) with their XP SP1.

cool!!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do love linux too, but since i don't get the option to use it at work, I'm forced to stick to Microsoft.

give me a UNIX prompt anytime!

·
Registered
423 Posts
alderran said:
The problem is there is no decent application software for Linux.... how are you going to build a desktop database? Is there something comparable to Access on the Linux platform...

Microsoft may be evil but they write excellent software.
how about staroffice from sun they have a version for Linux i think and it has all the tools of Microsoft Office except its only $67

1 - 11 of 11 Posts