DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
exactly like that, but in my Vision everything turned out fine, I already lack ideas, I think I will have to look at the engine

O rings on the Injector Rails, (There was a recall regarding them at some point)

Also Intake Gaskets, Plenum Gasket are important to make sure are good to keep from having issues.

Compression Check the cylinder.

Also Welcome! I see more Eagle Visions from across the Pond than here stateside!
Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Sky

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
The o-rings on the injector rails were replaced with new ones when I replaced the injectors from another car in order to exclude this. I checked the tightness of the intake system as much as possible and it looks fully tight, I checked the compression on all cylinders and it's ok, but thank you very much for the hints, every hint is important to me because I have no idea where to look for a fault before I dismantle the engine as a last resort .

As for Vision's vision, at the beginning I will do my best to make it fully operational and useful, then I will cover the exterior paintwork and finally the interior, there are many plans;)
Do you have a code that says Misfire Cylinder 5?

If so, another trick. Trace the spark plug wire back to the coil. And swap the plug wire with the one directly above it or below it. (wanna say cylinder 2 should be across from it) See if misfire now jumps to cylinder 2. (It uses a easted spark system so cylinder 2 and 5 fire at same time. I am pretty sure it is just one coil for two cylinders, but this atleast narrows down or eliminate any issues with coil pack.

Also can do an OHM test on the wire and compare to others. Check for any signs of spark jumping/grounding on wire.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
PCM, that is, read keying error codes? if I disconnect the battery will reset all codes? because when I moved the driver, coil, probes, etc., it could catch errors
Last idea, is to get one of the small engine spark plug tattle tales. I plugs into to the plug wire with a bulb inside to show spark. Verify it's getting spark, which, seeing that the coil pack serves both 5 and 2 same time if there was an issue chances are good both would both have issue, but there is still a minor chance could be just one cylinder.

What were the compression check numbers?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Your Eagle has Dual bulb headlight correct? With a leveling device built in?

I have a set of them here in the states. Got them from a guy in Serbia wanna say. I froget what happened to him years ago. Possible the only set ever and never got the courage to install them. I wonder if they are better than the single bulb ones we have here in the states.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I managed to buy a black flap in quite good condition, mine was heavily rusted, here are minimal signs of corrosion, by the way I put on new mounting plates for the board lamps, new bulbs and a white LED bulb for the reverse light.

View attachment 42378
View attachment 42379
View attachment 42380
View attachment 42381
View attachment 42382

I also bought an original case for documents, but it is in poor condition.

View attachment 42383

Whoa, super jealous of that case!!! We got nothing like that over here. Mines just simple black fake leather kind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts