DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I m very curious to know if anyone would happen to be able to send me some pics of how the vision rear bumpers are mounted.. I really would like to know... just general pictures... I don't wanna go around and ask people to open their trunk for me. .I m basically wondering if I can use a vision rear bumper on my Intrepid..... easily... lol
Thanks

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you have with the trunk open.. that would be great.. looking down... or if you happen to be able to look at how an Intrepid mounts.. (there is about 3 push in rivet type things that help fasten the bumper down in the center)..... Just wondering if it looks like it could be fastened with little difficulty??

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Ummm, ok... I was thinking about this as I saw a trep drive by. Where are you going to put the license plate??? On the vision, we put in on the rear of the trunk, but on the trep its on the lower bumper.....Anyway, just another thought.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:cool: Thats the whole Idea... I wanna delete the rear plate insert out of the bumper so I can put the plate into the trunk lid on an angle... I m also getting rid of the rear taillights seeing as no one is making Altezza's or anything like that.. I have to take it into my own hands to do something custom... lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
Intrepids, Visions, and Concordes are close enough that you should be able to interchange just about the whole rear end without any sort of customizing. Since you need a place for your plate I would recommend just installing an entire Vision rear end, then transforming the taillights into altezza style ones later (see the article about it on this site; deals with just Intrepid tails though).

Just about the only differences between 93-97 LH models are the nose style and the detailing of the body panels. Visions have that sweet grooved bumper and Intrepids are generally smooth. Body panels should interchange, but headlights and front signals won't.

This isn't a plug for my site, but I have a bunch of pictures you might want to see of my Vision here:
http://www.cardomain.com/id/bennett11

I don't have any of the inside of the trunk, but let me know what you need, like very specifically, and I'll get some batteries for the camera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts