DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW INTREPID OWNER,,,,,
Is there any way to stop the SPEAKER adjustment from moving while moveing the VOLUME????

THANKS...

Mike In Maine

·
9,861 Posts
Dont put your fingers on both. Just put your fingers on the tip.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
DUUUHH!!,,,,,,,,,do you THINK!!........
Of COURSE I'm not touching or pushing BOTH of them at same time,......This is why i'm asking for help......it has become very annoying,,,,,,,,, to adjust speakers ever time .

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I know what he is talking about. Same problem in the base model system that was in our 3.3 trep. You can't adjust the volume without adjusting the balance. Although he could go about asking better. I havn't really looked into why this happens or how to fix it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN,,,,,,
I "BELIEVE " I had ASKED JUST fine.........
But REALLY ,,,,,,,,, Don't you really think some one would have to be a REAL SIMPLETIN to not know that you don't turn/touch BOTH KNOBS at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!

The question was really being asked was .."IS THIS A COMMON PROBLEM" with the TREPS??
An if so,,,,,was or is there a SIMPLE FIX!!??

P.S.,,,,,,if any ONE WAS OFFENDED I do apoligize........

As most of us know some times "THE TONES" Get lost in CYBERLAND..........

Mike In Maine

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
i had the same problem, and was never able to fix the problem. I tried to pull the volume know out away from the balance but that didnt seem to fix the problem, so i guess i am saying that I was never able to repair the problem.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Get an aftermarket radio?

·
Registered
407 Posts
I believe the problem is friction between the 2 knobs, so turning one drags the other with it. I expect if you pull both knobs off and examine the adjacent surfaces you'll find some contact marks. Remove a bit of material with abrasive and it should clear.
Also, when the knobs are off, turn the inner shaft while watching the outer. If it turns as well the problem is there. Some spray cleaner followed by very light oil should resolve it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts