DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:eek: READ BELOW!!
It has come to the attention of Randy and I (yes, I'm an Admin so I get to know this too), that some people are voting more than once under their name for IOM. If you feel that someone might be using your name to vote many times feel free to e-mail me at [email protected] to ask. Those of you who are purposely voting more than once, your first submission for IOM will be counted but no more after that. Please read the directions that say vote only once. :eek:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
I'm curently working on a solution to prevent this from happening (any programmers out there?). I was really hoping we could avoid this, even though I knew it was possible.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I wish I could help, your Perl?!?!?! I only know ASP... Wouldnt take me 1/2 hour either :( Youre running this off a Database SQL etc?

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Nope, just a flat-file database. I'm looking for a way to authenticate username and password with the info from these forums??

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just downloaded the manual for UBB, but if you cant run ASP I am of no use..

·
Registered
568 Posts
I think i might have voted twice just because the first time I voted the screen kinda flashed and it bumped me back to the home page. i thought it might have been a glitch so I did it again. Of course the same thing happened, so I figured that's the way you guys set it up. Not sure how difficult it is but it would be cool if after you vote you get a message saying "Thank you for voting for IOM we are now sending you back to the main page" or something like that. It would also be neat if we could see where the vote standings are. You know you vote then a bar graph pops up showing you whos in the lead, whos in second, and so on. Just an idea.

Buschman

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Originally posted by Si:
Just downloaded the manual for UBB, but if you cant run ASP I am of no use..

I'll look into it today. On my hosts page, it says they support ASP, however, I'm not sure if that's only on Win2k servers they offer? I chose Linux, and am not sure if the have Chilisoft installed.

Is there any code I can place on the server to tell if ASP is installed (I know there is a command in PHP that will give you all the info about if PHP is installed)?

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Randy,

Download this file here

Make sure you rename it with a .asp extention, then up it to the server..

Real simple way to test :) Just prints
out a message.

Good luck

[ August 24, 2001: Message edited by: Si ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts