DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a set of silver Special mirrors at a pretty decent price. I want to paint them to match my car. I might disassemble them using the how-to.

The painting part is where im lost now. what steps\materials will i need to get this finished?

Any tips would help. Thanks

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
For something like mirrors it'll be pretty cheap. If they are disassembled and off the car already there is basically zero prep work.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For something like mirrors it'll be pretty cheap. If they are disassembled and off the car already there is basically zero prep work.
guess ill take that route then. ill post results when theyre finished

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
I dont know if you want to try and take them apart. I have seen members at meets break them then your kind of SOL. I got mine painted by a well known painter in Ohio named Jake. Alot of the guys here have had full cars and many pieces painted by him. He did mine for me last year, he didnt take them apart just left as is. I can try and find you his email but you would have to ship them to him and pay more that way. Atleast he has exp painting atleast 5+

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I dont know if you want to try and take them apart. I have seen members at meets break them then your kind of SOL. I got mine painted by a well known painter in Ohio named Jake. Alot of the guys here have had full cars and many pieces painted by him. He did mine for me last year, he didnt take them apart just left as is. I can try and find you his email but you would have to ship them to him and pay more that way. Atleast he has exp painting atleast 5+
Jake does a fantastic job with paint, and his mirrors that I've seen have turned out really good.

Like you said though, he doesn't take them apart. In theory that paint will chip eventually, its just a matter of how long it takes (thats straight from talking to Jake about this stuff).

Taking them apart is tough, but I personally would tackle it. If you're nervous about it though, Nick's way is the right choice. Just have them painted as is.

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
Taking them apart isn't that bad, I've done it before using the how-to and nothing was broken.

·
Registered
15,153 Posts
Nice job there

Late!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts