DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to purchase two new rear stabilizer bushings, part #4601873. Can not find them anywhere! If you have two, I'll purchase them from you. If anyone knows of a aftermarket that works, please let me know. Cant find them either! Tons of front end stuff and rear link stuff, but these parts seem to have dissapeared from this planet. Any help woud be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,105 Posts
How about the year/make/trim level of your vehicle to help us help you?

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
he isn't necessarily wrong. there isn't any rear sway bars available on rockauto, at the very least.

·
Premium Member
17,384 Posts
Though, advance auto lists these for a 01 Intrepid.

Listed, but may not be available: "This item is not currently available for purchase on the site. To purchase this item or receive more information about it, please contact your local Advance or Carquest store." (though, as Ron suggests, it also may not be the right size for his year and trim level, though he does give a Chrysler number).

·
Premium Member
17,384 Posts
Doesn't look good.

There were no plug-n-play aftermarket versions of this part. There was an aftermarket "universal" part (Performance Suspension IIRC - are they still around?) that wasn't universal at all. It required you to buy their "universal" mounting bracket that you had to chop and weld to adapt it to fit the mounting features on our cars.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need to purchase two new rear stabilizer bushings, part #4601873. Can not find them anywhere! If you have two, I'll purchase them from you. If anyone knows of a aftermarket that works, please let me know. Cant find them either! Tons of front end stuff and rear link stuff, but these parts seem to have disappeared from this planet. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
1997 Dodge Intrepid ES is the car. Need a pair for rear stabilizer bar.
Many sites list the product, some will even let you purchase them, only to later email you and tell you it is no longer available.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,105 Posts
Probably the last hope if he has some left.
Johnny would be the last hope for sure. He's still got them listed and they're not in "Close Out" status or anything. His website is still up and functional so I'd say there's a high chance of success getting them.

I'm going to see if he still has the 8 piece poly spring isolators available for when I replace the Special suspension.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Johnny would be the last hope for sure. He's still got them listed and they're not in "Close Out" status or anything. His website is still up and functional so I'd say there's a high chance of success getting them.

I'm going to see if he still has the 8 piece poly spring isolators available for when I replace the Special suspension.
Thanks so much. If this works out you're a life saver. I' call him on Monday to see if he still has them and let you guy's know. Thanks again.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,105 Posts
Sounds good. Let us know if Johnny is still in business. It'll be great for 1st gen owners.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds good. Let us know if Johnny is still in business. It'll be great for 1st gen owners.
Hey guys, He's still in business! He is a super guy to do business with and I encourage anyone to support him for your parts needs. He checked his stock and did not have any and asked if he could call me back in 15min. When he called back he said he double checked and indeed he did not have any, however he still had the molds. The mold is for 10 and he said he be willing to make them and sell me a set and put the remaining ones on his shelf in inventory. He said it would be about two weeks and he would call me when he had them done. WOW!!!! Where do you find this kind of help in any manufacturing business today in the USA. This guy is amazing. If any of you have a need for these first gen parts, please contact him and support him. I will let you know when I get the parts and Thank you all again so much for your help!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Need to purchase two new rear stabilizer bushings, part #4601873. Can not find them anywhere! If you have two, I'll purchase them from you. If anyone knows of a aftermarket that works, please let me know. Cant find them either! Tons of front end stuff and rear link stuff, but these parts seem to have dissapeared from this planet. Any help woud be appreciated. Thanks.
Are you still looking?

·
Woober Goobers!
51,105 Posts
Smells like spam! Classic 1st post and supposed to email some scammer. Avoid!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smells like spam! Classic 1st post and supposed to email some scammer. Avoid!
That was my thought. Already committed to Johnny to buy from him anyway, since he was nice enough to produce them again. Hope to hear from him soon. Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts