DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just read that DC has terminated their contract with Bill Davis Racing, effective immediately. The rumor is that BDR was in discussions with Toyota. All funding and factory info sharing as well as access to DC's wind tunnel is cut off. Damn! Ward was my guy too. I'll have to root that much harder for Sterling now.

·
Registered
990 Posts
This is why for one of the reasons Toyota should stay out of Nascar.. I knew crap like this was going to happen.. Unbelievable.. :angry: :mad:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Paul's 96 Trep said:
This is why for one of the reasons Toyota should stay out of Nascar.. I knew crap like this was going to happen.. Unbelievable.. :angry: :mad:

So Dodge wants to take its ball and go home. Boo Hoo. Thats not a Toyota problem its a Dodge problem.

Toyota will dominate within 5 years of cup racing.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Paul's 96 Trep said:
So teams never switched between Ford, Chevy and Dodge... grow up this "crap" always happened you just hate it because of your a racist

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
ok all i have to say is did you do some drugs before you said that? no team dominates any of the years, certain cars are better at certain tracks, theres no diffinitive leader that dominates everything.christ maybe you should try watching a race. yea btw i think we need to cheer even more for sterling now.

adaptabl said:

So Dodge wants to take its ball and go home. Boo Hoo. Thats not a Toyota problem its a Dodge problem.

Toyota will dominate within 5 years of cup racing.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The thing was THEY HAVE A CONTRACT with DODGE and the contract is not up for another couple of years....they basically VIOLATED the contract with DC!!! DC has all rights to pull from BD Racing! Way to go DC!!!!!! BD can still use the INTREPID, but they will not be able to use the wind tunnel or get help from the other Dodge teams. They will basically be like BAM! UNSPONSORED BY DODGE!!!!!

·
Registered
990 Posts
alderran said:

So teams never switched between Ford, Chevy and Dodge... grow up this "crap" always happened you just hate it because of your a racist
Actually.. your racist against me.. so whatever.. guess we're even then.. since you want to be ignorant.. * want to believe what you want to believe & say something so ludicrous... no sense arguing with you anymore.. I'll just laugh.. because no matter what you post.. it's so stupid.. it's laughable!!!
:biggrin: :D :) :tongue: :bigsmile:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
EvilDeadFan said:
Heh, so are we going to be seeing Supras winding around the track or something? :)

No. Camrys and latter Altimas and accords followed by Chevys,fords and Dodges.

No team dominates now by I can see that changing soon. Nascar needs to control spending fast of it will get like F1. small teams like BDR will/are not able compete against teams like Hendrick or DEI.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Jap_Hater said:
TO HELL WITH JAP-CRAP RICE BURNERS!!! TOYOTA CAN SUCK MY D!CK!!!!!!!!
And thus his handle...

·
980 Posts
Jap_Hater said:
The thing was THEY HAVE A CONTRACT with DODGE and the contract is not up for another couple of years....they basically VIOLATED the contract with DC!!! DC has all rights to pull from BD Racing! Way to go DC!!!!!! BD can still use the INTREPID, but they will not be able to use the wind tunnel or get help from the other Dodge teams. They will basically be like BAM! UNSPONSORED BY DODGE!!!!!
Actually BAM racing is getting help from Dodge.

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Ganassi has been talking to 'yota as well, so what's the difference between Chip and Bill Davis?
Chip seems to be able to field winning race teams ('02 points lead 25 races!) so I doubt they (Dodge) really want to push Ganassi out the door and straight to bed with Toyota. The answer-make an example out of BDR!
I actually feel pretty bad for Ward...his 2000 season got fouled up in preparation for the switch to Dodge, and now this...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loghead said:
Ganassi has been talking to 'yota as well, so what's the difference between Chip and Bill Davis?
Chip seems to be able to field winning race teams ('02 points lead 25 races!) so I doubt they (Dodge) really want to push Ganassi out the door and straight to bed with Toyota. The answer-make an example out of BDR!
I actually feel pretty bad for Ward...his 2000 season got fouled up in preparation for the switch to Dodge, and now this...
I agree with you, but Ward won the Daytona 500!!! - the most prestigious of all NASCAR races. BDR must have done something more than just talk to Toyota. They did something that really pissed DC off. They pulled their support EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!!! Had to be more than just talk.
BTW - Go Sterling!!!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Pissing match recap!

Jap_Hater wrote
They will basically be like BAM! UNSPONSORED BY DODGE!!!!!

dodgeguy wrote
"Actually BAM racing is getting help from Dodge."

Jap_Hater wrote
"No they aren’t"

Hartski wrote in support of dodgeguy's contention that BAM IS receiving help from DC

"Correct!" and supported it with this link.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2003-05-20-bam-racing-morgenthau_x.htm

Jap_Hater wrote

"But they dont have FACTORY SUPPORT from D-C!!!!!" and supported it with this link

http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/headlines/05/29/bc.car..nascar.dodge.davis.ap/index.html

Hartski link in support of the position that BAM receives factory support from DC yielded this quote.

“A sign of respect: BAM raced Dodges last year, but Dodge's racing division only recently began giving the team factory support in the form of wind tunnel rental time and technical information.”

Jap_Hater’s link in support of the position that there is no DC support for BAM revealed the following

Page Not Found

Game set and pissing match to dodgeguy with an assist to Hartksi

:D

·
Registered
69 Posts
DODGE ENDS CONTRACT WITH BILL DAVIS RACING
May 29, 5:54pm

By Jenna Fryer

Charlotte, N.C. (AP) - Dodge Motorsports has terminated its contract with Bill Davis Racing, cutting off all support and access to information for drivers Ward Burton and Kenny Wallace.

Todd Goyer, managing director for Dodge Motorsports, said Thursday that the contract was broken before last weeks Coca-Cola 600 because of a "material breach of agreement."

"We do have enough reason to reach the conclusion that we did," Goyer said.

There has been speculation Davis has been in discussion with Toyota, which will become the first foreign automaker in NASCAR next season when it enters Tundras in the CTS.

Goyer would not comment further on what led to the split with BDR.

Davis can still use Dodge Intrepids for Burton, Wallace, and Busch Series Driver Scott Wimmer, but he'll now have to pay for all of his equipment.

He'll also be shut out of the information sharing that goes on between the Dodge Teams. That access can be vital, considering NASCAR heavyweights Roger Penske, Chip Ganassi, and Ray Evernham are part of the Dodge contingent.

"Factory support means they have access to the technology that all the Dodge teams have and all the information sharing," Goyer said. "It's access to all the technical aspects, plus the marketing support and use of the Dodge brand name."

Davis will also loose access to Dodges wind tunnel in Michigan.
Wind tunnel time is one oth the greatest esxpenses in racing and Dodge teams were able to save considerably by haveing one in-house at the Daimler-Chrysler headquarters.

Dodge returned to NASCAR after a 16 year absence in 2001. Sterling Marlin gave Dodge its first win in August of that year, and Ward Burton gave the manufacturer its signature moment by winning the 2002 Daytona 500 in an Intrepid.

The manufacturer now has four official teams - Penske Racing, Chip Ganassi Racing, Evernham Motorsports, and Petty Enterprises- and nine drivers.

Ken Schrader drives a Dodge for BAM Motorsports, but the team does not receive factory support.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts