DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ADDED 01-21-04 at 8:10 PM CST.

WARNING!!! Due to a member reporting a possible virus threat from the link below I have removed the active link status from the URL. If you would like to view the page you will have to copy and past the URL into your address bar.

END ADDED SECTION.

This is something interesting. I found this on the net. Did a search on yahoo for “internet explorer tests” and the first result was this site http://deepthought.ena.si/ietest/

First thing that threw me off what the subject line under it. “Quick & Painless Slow & Painful”.

So like an idiot I clicked on it. The rest is up to you to find out. It didn’t destabilize my computer or anything but your computer might not fair as well.

Have fun.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Damn, Popup Inspector counters show 438 pop ups blocked from that thing, god I love this program :). The bouncing window was annoying as hell though.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an old version of "popup killer". It was actually removed from free distrabution becuase the program was purchased from the writer and sold by a company and it disabled the program. Under normal conditions I have it setup not to allow more then 5 IE winodws open at a time.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Funny though, my comp instantly opened the 61 pages and had a bouncing window. I didn't think it had that kind of power. :p

A quick CTRL+ALT+Delete later and Taskmanager stops all IE's in its path.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, I don't know where you got the virus from but I didn't get a virus from it. and my computer is well protected... I wouldn't have posted the link if there was a treat of a virus spread to members of the forum.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Scan type: Realtime Protection Scan
Event: Virus Found!
Virus name: Trojan Horse
File: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\41QNK5IJ\slowandpainful[1].htm
Location: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\41QNK5IJ

Got 18 of these popping up on my computer. hope you have a good anti virus program. you have been warned

·
Registered
340 Posts
grimmster, does it say what kind of trojan it is? I think it's just a buffer overflow exploit and your scanner thinks it's a trojan.

·
Registered
217 Posts
That what I found kinda wierd, no real virus name. So have no idea if it is a virus or not.

·
Registered
836 Posts
post is old, but i had gotten the same kind of viruse from a stupid thing race posted up. Had a pic of my norton scan, but i deleted it. That one too, only some people got it. :confused:

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have opera.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts