DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 96 Intrepid back in 98 used. I never got a warranty book and now have 99,800+ miles. I thought I read somewhere in the forum something about 7yr/100,000. But I must be messing up the search, I couldn't find it again.

Anyone know what the warranty is on a 96 ES 3.5L Intrepid?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
After September 11 terrorist attack ... Dodge went into a panic attack and started offering 7yr/100K on the powertrain as a way to drum up sales... so if you bought a 2001 in August like I did the warranty is 3yrs/36K which is probably what your is or was... What happened your engine or tranny die at 99,800mi?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Air Conditioning Leak, rear sway bars broke, trans fluid needs changed, check engine light is on (think it is the O2 sensors), etc. Mostly wear and tear.

I know there was a recall on the O rings. Had that done, just trying to save a buck here and there.

Any idea where I can get O2 sensors cheap?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nah, just a lot of repairs. This is paid off and the other half of the household's 96 Corsica (not a nice car at all) is going to go to the graveyard first and a new car payment will happen then.

Had the sway bars replaced. Will do the tranmission fluid and sensors myself. Air Conditioning is another story. Probably find someone to put a pound or two of the Freon (or 134A or whatever it uses) in and I'll be good until next year.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
psal2 said:
Anyone know what the warranty is on a 96 ES 3.5L Intrepid?
I'm pretty sure the warranty for mine was 3yr/36k like alderran mentioned, unless it's emissions related, which I think is warrantied for 100k.

Can't blame you for hanging on to the car. Having no payments is kinda nice. ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are O2 sensors emission related????

Nah, that would be too lucky...LOL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts