DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed and carnuba waxed the trep last night. Armoralled tires, windexed and rainexed outside all windows and windex and antifogged all inside windows. Woke up this morning and there's a good 8 inches or so of snow. My wifes pissed because I don't want to pull the car out of the garage and go to the store lol.... I used the ol, lets wait for the guy to plow first, but that jig is over (damn army and their well maintained roads on base). Then I shoveled the driveway pretty slow with a few smoke breaks..... this sucks lol.....

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I knew. That's why I waxed. It needed it. Its easier to clean all the crap from snow off and adds a lil protection. It was just hard to pull it out into the street. I dunno.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah, I just finished putting a layer of sealant on a few hours before the rain started up tonight. And I don't even have a garage. It was the same kind of thing; I knew it was coming and I wanted to have some protection on the paint before the nasty weather set in. The paint is new and it needed some protection.

FYI for those who don't know, it's not recommended to wax a freshly repainted car for the first few months. The paint needs time to finish outgassing and curing to fully harden. I used a sealant that can allow outgassing but still offers great protection and durability. It's 2180 Ultra Poly Wipe Sealant from Finish Kare.
http://www.fk1usa.com/

It's also nice because it has anti-static properties, like a few of the other products in their line. It's not that dust can't land on it and stick, but it won't attract dust to the extent that a freshly waxed cat typically can. Haven't you noticed how much dust you find on a car not long after it's freshly waxed? This is at least a little better. Some folks even like to use their 425 quick detail spray on their TV and monitor screens to help keep them less dusty.

I'd better shut up, I'm sounding like a commercial.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts