DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened up my hood to take a look at how easy it would be to put in StreetGlow nozzles, and there seems to be like a cardboard like shield or cover that is attached to the underside of the hood, covering the nozzles. Is it ok to take this off and leave it off? What is its purpose?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Take it off to install the nozzles, it's basically sound deadening, to keep the engine noise down. Then you get the next big surprise, a nice chunk of metal right where the nozzles get screwed in. So, you gotta get a drill and make yourself a nice hole there to take the old ones out, and put the new ones in. I was gonna do this, and then decided that i was really lazy. I have a pair of green washer nozzles, if you know anyone that wants them let me know, i wanna get rid of them. Anyways, lets us know how it goes.

-Adam

·
Registered
802 Posts
Oh, when you're taking the sound deadening off, make sure you don't break the plastic thingys that hold it up, when i was looking under there i broke one, no big deal, but try not to, if you break too many that thing won't stay up.

-Adam

·
Registered
13 Posts
You don't have to drill any holes. I work at the plant and we have a piece of plastic with a chisel end on it to pry them out. You could use a flat screwdriver but you might scratch the paint. You just push back on it and pry it up at the same time. First you'll have to take the hood liner off a bit to get at the hose connection and out it comes. If the new nozzels are the same design then they just snap right in. To get the fasteners off that hold the liner in place, I use a pair of side cutters. Open the cutters a bit and push them under the head of the fastener them twist the cutters a bit and pull the fastener out. You might break a few. i guess you can get more from the dealer.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Exracer, another plant guy cool . Welcome That makes a total of 4 of us here .

Intrepid04, exracer is correct the factory jets are snapped in. To remove them use a plastic / fiberglass pry tool . you have to get between the jet and the hood to pop these babies out . They are not the easiest things to pop out , even for us skilled guys
:wink: . Also if you are doing this outside in the cold you will have a harder time , the best time to do this , is when its hot out.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
True, you can pop them out the way exracer mentioned, but many of the light nozzles require a hut and spacer to be screwed onto the stem of the nozzle, hence you need the hole to get to everything.

·
Registered
802 Posts
True, you can pop them out the way exracer mentioned, but many of the light nozzles require a hut and spacer to be screwed onto the stem of the nozzle, hence you need the hole to get to everything.
Yeah that's what mine were, hence the hole drilling thing.

-Adam

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
I saw a trick on the road yesterday... that had changing color nozzle LEDs. They would change colors every second. Looked like a damm christmas tree on the hood. LOL

·
Registered
149 Posts
i didnt need a hole when i put those nozzels on-that was when i was younger and thought it looked good-they are now disconnected thoguh still on the car--no need for a hole-i just used the screw driver method to snap the others out

·
Registered
217 Posts
DjPiLL said:
I saw a trick on the road yesterday... that had changing color nozzle LEDs. They would change colors every second. Looked like a damm christmas tree on the hood. LOL
Yeah, they make a 7 color version of these lights that comes with a switch(button) and whenever you hit it, it switches to the next color. Either this guy wired it like this somehow, or he was driving down the road pressing the thing over and over, heh.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I was in Advance auto parts on Sunday and they now have the nozzles that don't require a nut to hold them on.

·
Registered
458 Posts
bhoov said:
Yeah, they make a 7 color version of these lights that comes with a switch(button) and whenever you hit it, it switches to the next color. Either this guy wired it like this somehow, or he was driving down the road pressing the thing over and over, heh.
actually my dad has a set of those on his 85 porsche 944. there are really 7 different colors that you can cycle through when you push the button, and there is an 8th setting that you can put it on so it will cycle through all the colors on its own (so you dont have to constant press the button)

·
Registered
212 Posts
it is pretty easy to install on the 1st gen... under the hood is not hard to access it like the 2nd gen people are describing. as for removing the oem squirters, lets just say that i will not be removing the lighted ones because the oem ones will prolly not work anymore lol

·
Registered
881 Posts
My hoses came off of mine cause they got clogged so I need to get in there and put them back on.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Wait a minute....

I have a 94 ES. My squirters are in my wiper arms. I hate them there. I'd like them in the hood where they belong. Problem is I'd have to drill holes, correct?

This thread is confusing to me.

Hardwarz

·
Registered
686 Posts
I suppose you may be able to re-route the washer hose to the hood and you could drill holes for the squirters. OR just leave the re-routing of the hoses out of the install. It shouldn't be too hard?

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Stock04Intrepid (Windsor)
STBEAR007 .......(Windsor)
NKA'sSXT ..........(Windsor)
Exracer .............(Brampton)
LXbuilder ..........(Brampton)
Wire2 ...............(Brampton)
Ottowrkr ..........(Brampton)
Shownoff .........(Brampton)
YB Normyl ........(Brampton)