DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
not intrepid related, but it is chrysler, on my g/f's 95 Plymouth Voyager, when she got it used, the fornt washer pump never worked, fuse was fine, so we picked up a brand new wahser pump the other day and installed it today, but when she pushes in on the MF switch to spray, same thing, wipers go but no pumping, pump doesn't even *whir*......... any suggestions as to waht the problem might be, because fuse is fine, new pump and the MF switch is functioning properly

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Are you sure that there is 12v going to the washer pump when you hit the washer button?

If so, disconnect the washer hoses and make sure that the pump is, well, pumping.

Once you've got that working, connect up the hoses a little at a time until you find what will probably be a blockage or kinked hose.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pump isn't pumping at all, how can I check to make sure it's getting voltage?

·
Registered
566 Posts
If You have access to a multimeter you can check it very easily. Otherwise a small bulb might work, to see if it lights up from those wires, you'll need someone to use the spray unless you secure the bulb to those wires and place it where you can see it from the drivers seat.

·
Registered
407 Posts
2 possibilties, you're missing either +12v on the colored wire to the pump, or - on the black wire. Place a tester or 12 lamp on the 2 connections of the washer plug and press "wash". Nothing? Leave the tester on the colored lead and take the other test lead to a metal part of the car. Press "wash". Anything? If +12v there now, the black plug wire isn't grounded. If still nothing, the +12v isn't coming to the plug. Could be fuse, or "wash" switch in stalk.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Holy, it's been a whileeeee since you posted here wire2. Welcome back.

**Hijack finished**

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks. I've been busy...
A few people have been asking for shifter overlays so I thought it was time I came here and had a look around.
Actually, it seems I have less spare time now that I'm semi retired than when I worked at Chrysler. Too many hobbies now I guess. I'm building a Lamborghini Diablo replica, with a tube chassis and supercharged LS1. More fun than getting yelled at by management at work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts