DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what type of bulb goes over the license plate so it can be seen at night? Is it a 194 or something?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
I just love it when that happens. :p You are looking for something and there are multiple parts numbers ofr the same application.

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
philthy said:
Your both right, the manual calls for a 168, but in the aftermarket world it superseds to a sylvania/ cec 194.
Are you sure the 194 isn't the same type of bulb but with just some different type of connection? Kind of like the 9006XLS (stock) and the 9006 (aftermarket). I'm not saying it wouldn't work, it's just something to think about before getting a 194 bulb. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I BELIVE THE BOTH HAVE IDENTICAL DEMENSIONS,BUT NOW YOU GOT ME THINKING THE WATTAGE MAY BE DIFFRENT, I'LL CHECK INTO I AND POST MY FINDINGS.

·
Registered
541 Posts
well I changed that same bulb on the licence plate, as well as, all of the interior overhead bulbs front and rear to blue bulbs. they were all 194. When I went looking for the 168 the dude at the store said "use the 194, it's the same ****". I guess he was right, the wattage was the same and the connection was too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts