DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the facts on this new rice killer. I may want to get one for the long commutes to work and let the R/T rest some. 0-60 in 5.9 whoa baby!!!!!!!

http://www.4adodge.com/autoshow/news_events/

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: redblurr ]

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah I heard and saw that at the auto show, I really want one. I will prob just settle for a 99 R/T.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Price is really attractive. I may have to consider buying one to keep my Spirit happy in the garage. 14 second quarter-mile club.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I know its fast and nice looking and all. But damn that thing is tinny as hell. i cant imagine driving one after driving my intrepid its like WHOA :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
I think you'll have to settle for a 2000 R/T, blkbute. To the best of my knowledge the R/T was first introduced for the 2000 model year. :)

I don't blame you, though. I'd rather have an R/T.. I would have had a tough time finding a slightly used one, though. Good luck when you go car shopping later this year. :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I think the neon R/T was out in 98,mabe even 97 but 99 forsure.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
1998 was the first year for the Neon R/T. I know i got the first blue with sliver striped in the state of Minn. From Rosedale Dodge. Great little car out cornered any thing out there. Like a go cart for the street.

·
Registered
602 Posts
They're kinda fun to drive like a go kart or something. The one I have driven before was an 00', not an SRT but it was really fast, just a lot of heavy vibration from the engine, but that one was pretty quick so I imagine the SRT is pretty bad. I've got a Neon up on two wheels before, stupid but I did it when I was mobbin' one time. Although faster and they handle like a little race car I'd still rather have my Trep but a little Neon SRT to drive on the side would be tight.

Yeah, ricers watch out, I'm sure it's a speed demon!

Later guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
523 Posts
That is one sick little machine. I want one in black. Just think of the potential for that car . . .I do believe we're talking Mustang territory in a souped up Neon!

I am facing a dilemma, though. I don't know if I can pass on the new Jeep Rubicon. Dana 44's, lockers, 31" tires . . .Heavy duty equipment for a Wrangler.

Oh well, I have to wait for them to come out, anyways, so I have a while to decide. Maybe I could just keep my old Jeep CJ AND get an SRT.

I guess I could deal with that . . .

:cool:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Neon SRT - It's an awesome car. Especially for the money.

Did any of you guys see the Razor ??? They're talking about building that one as well with a base price of 14.9 !!!

You know they should have done that Plymouth concept, the 2 seater sports car (which they said they could sell for a profit at 19.9),
I saw it at an Auto show and it too was awesome. Honda fighter for a fraction of the price. I must admit I'm partial to the Copperhead,too.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The Razor looks suspiciously close in size & shape to the Mercedes Kompressor coup. In the info section they said it was designed in Germany so maybe its a cheap redesign of the Mercedes???? Its also just a little slower than the Neon SRT-4.
I also think Dodge was smart putting the turbo on the Neon just to get past the emissions geeks. Once you get your hands on the SRT-4 you can mod it to the max and CRUSH the rest of the ricer trash easy!!!!!

·
Registered
560 Posts
its about time american manufacturers jumped into the sport compact market...i think they really dropped teh ball on that one...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts