DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They will remove the white print on your switches!!!

I was wiping down my steering column when I realized that the wipes were taking off the white printing on my turn signal stalk! I noticed the triangle on my hazard switch is coming off too. I didn't want to experiment on anything else to see what printing would be affected.

So watch out for the printing no matter what you use to clean it.

I don't know if it was just the wipes or a combination of age and something else used in the paste and the wipes. I have only used car care type products to clean with and I think I have only used the Armor All wipes in the plastic tub. Originally it was the normal kind, I am using the orange kind now.

I love to help others out, but not like this:icon_sad:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
all right ty you just gave me an idea to remove some of my white letters( and im being serious)and thankyou again for the headsup

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOUD98ES said:
armor-all should be banned for all eternity.
I only use the cleaning wipes. They are really good at getting shoe scuffs off the plastic on the door sills and panels. I use Meguires products for my leather and vinyl protecting.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ive always loved using plain water for most tasks like that...if I need to step it up some, I'll spray on some diluted APC

·
Registered
715 Posts
Whats wrong with armor-all. I have never had a problem. Are there other issues with it?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Armor All is like 'crack' for the plastic pieces in your car. Once you start, you have to keep going or you'll get accellerated ageing, discoloration, and cracking especially in hot/sunny climates.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
yep, what he said above. I only use armor al on my tires, to keep the shine.
when i get new ones, is there any products out there to make your tires realy shine?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
don't use armor all of anything...it is garbage...there is absolutely no safe or good use for armor all...wipes...bottle...can...all of them are garbage.

Tires...use Meguiars Endurance Tire Shine or some other gel product...ANY product that comes in a can that you spray on your tires is garbage...any tire foam product.

Cleaning interior...use a damp towel or simple green and then use Meguiars Natural Shine:

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
I use Black Magic All-in-One to clean my interior pieces. It's great at getting up all kinds of marks, dirt and debris, and it doesn't leave a shine or a greasy film. I don't think you can buy it anymore, though. I stocked up years ago when Wal-Mart put all their bottles on sale. The Meguiar's Natural Shine is okay, but I don't like the fact that you have to clean moderately soiled areas before application due to the fact that it doesn't clean it. I like the convenience of the All-in-One in that regard.

·
Registered
467 Posts
nice probe jossimbyr :D

I've always used armor all, but now I may switch. I like meguiars too, but it really doesn't have the shine that armorall does.

now that I see the natural shine that was listed above, I might try that

Reactions: jossimbyr

·
Registered
33 Posts
I honestly dont think Armor All can hurt or damage anything as far as interior goes. It does what it says, adds gloss, and protects from the sun. Most people just haven't experienced something really good from Meguires, or Poorboys, ect ect that leaves a nice satin look. Armor all to me is just to slimy and greasy looking as far as interior surfaces go. However, it does last a long time and can be a PITA to remove, as I'm sure a lot of you have noticed. For this reason, I put it on my tires.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I just tried the Armor All Gel. It seems
to work pretty well. Once you smear it all over. It dries and looks pretty good. Not sticky all. This bottle will last along time.I did my whole dash and other trim and used like 3 percent of the bottle.It is alot different than the spray.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Clean with a mild soap or just plain water on a damp cloth, then apply petroleum jelly (vaseline) to the surfaces. Won't damage, and shines so beautifully!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts