DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

I have a 97 Intrepid Sport, 83,000 kms. 3.5. Tonight when I got home I noticed clear water dripping from passenger side, about 1 foot behind the tire.
I've noticed water on groud before , usually after backing into my parking spot, but, tonite it was really dripping alot. It wasn't raining, but, really heavy mist and very humid. And I had heat on low.

Any ideas.

Falcon7

·
Registered
660 Posts
Do you have auto temp control?

My guess is the AC comp was running to defrost or to dry the air and you where seeing condensate from the AC. That is about where the drain would be.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I agree...sounds like condensate water.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was dark when i got home, so my 1st thought engine coolant, so I got a paper towel and soaked some of it up. When I got inside I noticed that paper towel was clear and no smell.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If you are trying to dry the air, it is the A/C that will do that job. That will cause water (condensate) to drain from the plemum box that holds the heater core and the evaporator. If your brave, take a SMALL taste, if it's not sweet, it's not coolant.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My hands were wet from water also,,no sweet taste. My coolant is green. I was a bit alarmed because it seemed so much water. But, then again its pretty foggy/misty. I lve in Newfoundland.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
If your car is leaning slightly to the right or front end down, you will get more water because the plenum is emptying itself. The HIGH humidity is the key.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts