DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I trep started leaking antifreeze today and I think it may be the water pump. How much should I expect to pay to have it fixed?

3.5L 1st gen

·
Registered
718 Posts
i just got my water pump and such done for $130 :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
**** you guys i just paid $700 to get the water pump and timing belt replaced.

·
Registered
964 Posts
3.3L waterpumps are cheap and easy to replace.
3.5L waterpumps are expensive to replace.
I have one of each and will take the 3.3L design anytime. Just my $0.02.

FredB

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah the guy at the repair place said that they buried the water pump in the middle of the engine. It took 6 hours to change it and the timing belt.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Paul's 96 Trep said:
Avg. repair cost around here is $500... :(
Ditto.

·
Registered
718 Posts
well i had a total bill of $750 for water pump, sway bar links, rear brakes and rotors, and a routine check-up. so not bad :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was hoping Hynos would read this because he forgot that it didn't, so i thought i would include that in this thread. we have a repair cost thread going in First Gen discussion where he mentioned it. so it was a little joke. But anyways... :D

·
9,861 Posts
lol.

Ok. I have to make this informative, so..

It usually doesnt cost much for the parts, but the labor is alot because its time consuming. There are alot of parts you have to take off to get to it. And you have to get the timing just right.

·
Registered
417 Posts
For what it's worth, I paid US$930 for new water pump, timing belt, power steering pump, and new belts, including tax and assorted overpriced liquids they had to add (like antifreeze...). That's at the dealer's rate of $65 per hour.

·
Registered
417 Posts
...oh yeah, I almost forgot -- they also bent my hood and then put a dent in it while trying to fix it. Really got my money's worth on that trip... :rolleyes:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts