DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The weather stripping on my passenger side door is coming off. I keep putting epoxy on it trying to get it to stay on, but it just won't. Anyone got any better ideas?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
It probably shrunk and is now too small for the door. This is a common problem. The plastic trim around mine began to crack as the rubber shrunk so I finally just replaced it. You can try removing it and putting it back on starting at the bottom and making sure you push it on full ll the way around the door. You will end up with a gap on the bottom that you can put a small piece of universal weatherstripping in or just leave alone.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks, should i take the plastic paneling off to make it easier or does it matter?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
I'm not sure how the trim pieces are arranged on the 1st gen, but on mine I had to remove the plastic to get the weatherstripping off. Being that your car is older, be careful to be sure to don't damge the stripping as it may be brittle. Worse case you'll have to by new which for me was the most attractive option on the 2 doors tha were badly cracked. The other 2 I just moved around like I told you to do and then cut a piece off of the ones I replaced to fill in the gap. Good Luck!

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
On our Concorde I just got some "used" factory weather-stripping and put that in the gap I left at the bottom of the door - no need to remove any trim pieces. But if yours is starting to disintegrate ...?

·
Registered
204 Posts
My 99 intrepid drivers side weatherstripping shrank a little and fell down in the top corners so I pulled it out and stretched it out. then when I put it back in I used pliers to crimp it and hold it into the corners. fits like new again. not sure if this helps you though

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
When I did mine, I too left a gap in the bottom of the door. I also used 3M double sided (foamy) tape to run in the groove and hold it in place. The plastic coating was also seperating so I removed the plastic covering as well.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
SilverBulletES said:
where did you buy your weatherstripping? mine is also cracking and peeling off along with shrinking
I bought mine from dodgeparts.com, where I get all my mopar replacement parts. I'm pretty sure it was about $35 a door, I know it was much less than the dealer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts