DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one had n e trouble with weather strippin on a 2000 or neer that year intrepid have ther weatherstripping shrink or fall off ??

·
Woober Goobers!
50,330 Posts
My 2000 SE was shrinking and had at least a 1 inch gap in the corner. My current 2002 R/T is holding good after 11 months of ownership. As Andrei said there's many complaints across all the model years for the weatherstrip problem. Time to hit the dealer for new ones if you've got the problem.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ronbo said:
My 2000 SE was shrinking and had at least a 1 inch gap in the corner. My current 2002 R/T is holding good after 11 months of ownership. As Andrei said there's many complaints across all the model years for the weatherstrip problem. Time to hit the dealer for new ones if you've got the problem.
Also, you might want to PM Torontofirecaptain, I believe he had a new set for sale...MUCH cheaper than the dealer!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
No need to buy new. Just re-stretch it. On the bottom of the door you will have a gap but thats nothing. Also, get some 3M double sided emblem tape (or whatever) and put it in the stripping when you restretch it and put it in place.

·
Registered
646 Posts
silver&gold said:
No need to buy new. Just re-stretch it. On the bottom of the door you will have a gap but thats nothing. Also, get some 3M double sided emblem tape (or whatever) and put it in the stripping when you restretch it and put it in place.
wish that would work for me but unfortunetly(sp) my 95's weather stripping for some reason has entire 3 inch sections of it missing, like the rubber just detereorated, its stupid. The weather stripping on my car has been replaced like 5 times since bought from the dealership brand new. And for many years we've just let the weather stripping sit there missing chunks because its so expensive to replace =(

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
This might not even be related to your problems but is there a reason that there are holes every few feet of weatherstripping on my intrepid? I notice it on the side door rubber and the trunk rubber... not really sure if its made to drain water or if its damaged.

Thanks!
Josiah

·
Registered
208 Posts
My 98 and my previous 94 both had this problem with weather stripping. The funny part is, when I was at the Dodge dealership this summer looking at a Magnum, I asked him if this care would have the same problem. He acted like it was the first time he had ever heard of such a thing.

Um, know your product line maybe?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts