DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Note: I also posted this in the Computer & Networking Forum

Help?

I am designing a web page in Photoshop 6.01.

Now that I've saved the page "for the web" as an .htm and opened it up in Frontpage, it's too small (ie: it doesn't take up the entire browser window and there's white borders to the right of the page because it's too small.)

If I am building a webpage in Photoshop, how big do I have to make the image? Or is there a way when creating a new picture in Photoshop to let it know that it's going to be a webpage and automatically make it the correct size?

MathWiz, you teach this right?...any insight from you or anyone else?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The hardest part about designing graphics for a website is making sure it will look decent on any size monitor. When I used to make web designs a lot more, I would make them on my 22" monitor at 1200 by 1600 resolution and things would look fine to me, but for instance I would check out my site from a rather crappy sized monitor at school or something and the graphics would be HUGE.
So you have to keep in mind that not everyone has the same size monitor and uses the same resolution... the one way around this is to set up some scripting crap where it would automatically detect a viewer's resolution and redirect them to the appropriat page with the right sized graphics and whatnot. But that means you would need to resize everything to have an alternate page to redirect to, a lot of work.... kinda tedious. I would just recommend shrinking your resolution down to what the average viewer would have and make your designs using that so you know what it would look like to the "average" viewer. I'm not an expert on this, kinda taught myself...

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Been a pick **** I usually set out at 770x550 in my Web photoshop designs :)

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Sup Wutang! :)

Dude I have been recklessly busy lately :) I am going to try and get here more, miss the learning experiences!

L8tr

Si

1 - 8 of 8 Posts