DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SO i got my car desorating for my buddies wedding is afternoon...will the masking tape pull off my wax...is their any specail way to pull the tape off so it doesn't **** my paint??

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
if you take pride in how your car looks, NEVER, EVER Tape anything to your finish.\

Good luck in geting the stickum off without removing clearcoat/paint/stuff

·
Registered
686 Posts
Use adhesive remover. 3M makes a good kind. Or use Goo Gone. Make sure to read the directions, and that it can be used on painted car surfaces. I have used the 3M spray can stuff and it works well. You might have to go over the area and wax it again tho.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yeah thats going to such for his poor car with what people do to them for wedding gags.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got all the stuff off pretty good...I used painters tape(green stuff) so it wasn't bad....I had the trep looking good.....I take GREAT pride in my ride...I also take some pride or maybe some honour I don't know in helping my friend out since they didn't have any money for a limo...... All they did was dry TP I made sure of it it was ****ing hot so there was always one or two of my buddies out around the car shooting the **** and making sure the car was cool!

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I know I know.. stuff happens...

if you do do it again.. EVERYTHING comes off of glass nicely... and "painters tape"... from the hardware store, sticks well and has very non-agressive stick-um... that might work best next time....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts