DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping someone here can help me...
For the past couple months, all of my interior lights will come on all on their own. They may flicker or they may stay on for 5-10 seconds. It happens at random. Sometimes the issue will happen for 10 minutes; I may go a week or more between incidents. I'm not sure where to start nailing down the cause of this. Bad module of some kind, or a stripped wire, something else? I'm not sure what's going on.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
458 Posts
could be a pinched wire...or...are you running on led's? you may need a voltage regulator if so...still, that is a pretty weird issue

·
Registered
152 Posts
I've had the same issue. Its your door pressure switches. One of them, anyway. You need to make sure they're contacting correctly. If not, you can unscrew them (just turn em on mine, if i can remember correctly) and clean out the terminals, and then replace them. Cheaper than putting new ones in it anyway.

Check that it is the switches by pushing them in manually when the lights flicker on like that.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Several people have had problems like this. LED shouldn't cause it. I've been running LED's in all of my overhead and gage lighting for 6 months without an issue. What has been found to be the cause is usualy your headlight switch. The easiest way to find out is if your gage lights come on full bright when your overhead/dome lights come on (by themselfs)

·
Registered
120 Posts
i had a similar problem....all i did was tightened up the little lock mechanism ( not hte hing, but on the other side of the door) and it hasn't messed up once and its been about a month or two now...so give that a try, tighten all of them up tho

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.