DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there everyone. I am new to this site but I have had my car for about 6 months now. It is a dodge intrepid, 3.5 L. I had a question though, has anyone ever swapped tranny's and went to a manual intrepid? Let me know.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I don't think the Intrepids EVER had a manual transmission. Just autostick which is really an automatic anyways that you can control when it shifts.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know they never came out of the factory as a manual, i was jsut wondering if anyone ever took the time and money to swap one over somehow.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
No, nobody ever did that....yet......There is no standard transmissions that are bolt-ons from DC what-so-ever.......Use the search button and you will see that there's been discussions about it already....

P.S.: Click here if you are lazy :p

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i have autostick, i was just wondering if its ever been done.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
yea, autostick is just as good as a manual with no clutch to dick around with

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, but i love driving manuals, but i jsut dont have the money for a new car right now

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, but don't they have a stratus that is manual, wouldn't that tranny bolt up, maybe with some fabrications?

·
Dain bramaged
7,219 Posts
no

status motors sit sideways.. ours do not..

we have discussed this to death.. there is no real way to do it..

·
Dain bramaged
7,219 Posts
Starnerf said:
Has anyone thought about swapping in a dakota tranny for rwd and a manual? Or would that be too big?

bolt houseing patterns are differnt.. and of course the whole getting it to work with the 'trep's computers

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Apcsox said:
yea, autostick is just as good as a manual with no clutch to dick around with
That's really far from the truth, and if you ever drove a standart you wouldn't make that kind of statement. Autostick is nothing like a manual .

·
Registered
299 Posts
TERMINATOR101CA said:
That's really far from the truth, and if you ever drove a standart you wouldn't make that kind of statement. Autostick is nothing like a manual .
Ya manual is complete control...no delayed shifts....autostick has a delay

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's why I want a manual, so there is no delay, and I love using a cluth much better anyway. But my brother-in-law just hit me with an offer. He is really big into Porsches, him and my sister both have one, he goes to autocrosses, he is basically obsessed. He is currently trying to get me into it all, I love cars, so me being me, agreed. So he bought an Porsche 944, (not new) and I'm gonna help him pay to restore it all and what not, and then sell my Intrepid. But the Porsche is a manual so lol.

·
Registered
589 Posts
did anyone ever think about swapping everything? since the intrepid engine wouldnt work with the tranny's wouldnt it maybe be a good idea to swap engines, and tranny's? it would mean alot of body and frame modification probably, but in the long run, it would save the head ache of juggling computer and tranny -> engine bolt ups.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, that would probably be the best thing to do to make everything copesetic. But, we swapped out my friends tranny in his G20 from auto to a 5 speed. That was fun lol. It was hard, but it was worth it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts