DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK as some of you may know my car story the Idler pully is broken and my car is 50 miles away...im a sad sad sad sight, anyway does anyone know how how to change the pully I dont wanna spend alot of my tax money cause im tring to get a ford probe to customize to save the miles on my baby...Another question (and this is off the subject of LH platforms) is kelly blue book is saying that the probe I want is worth 995, I havent heard it run yet the guy said it needs a battery, its a 94 4 cylinder 2.0 5 speed, w/ 120000+ miles, it needs a tired and the guy wants 795 I dont wanna give him anymore then 500 cause I know it needs some work. I would be greatful of anyhelp to get my car back on the road.

·
9,861 Posts
Idler pulley for the timing belt? It's pretty much the same procedure for changing the timing belt, with slightly more work.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
What kind of car/engine?Makes a difference... Are
you talking about a belt you can see?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The belt you can see that drives the ALt and Power Steering, its a 2.7, the belt I know I could change it just looks hopeless looking the clearence between the fan and engine... but the tensior locked up heating the belt til it just melted and broke, I know my mech can change it in like 30 mins or less, cause he has all the tools to do it, chrysler will prolly charge like 500 bucks for 30 mins

·
9,861 Posts
Just drive it home with all the electronics off. Have someone follow you with jumper cables.

The water pump is driven by the timing chain. So that is not a concern.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts