DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may know, my 98 Trep ES has been in dire need of a lot of work for a little bit. I had plans to go to Whitby and spend about 3 days with Ross next week replacing the engine/tranny, a whole suspension re-do, and a few other things.

What ended up happening was pretty unexpected but pretty spectacular.

My dad sat down with me and told me his concerns about me needing a reliable vehicle... *While Ross knows I know he wouldve made the Trep plenty reliable*, my dad wanted me to get something newer.

So I looked and found what I think is almost more than I could ask for.

A Desert Mist 2006 Honda Accord EXL V6 4dr with all the options, certified used WITH ONLY 20,000 MILES!!!!! All in all after taxes the out the door price was $17,588. I am very happy.

Here is a teaser pic of the car from my cameraphone. This is how it sat earlier today... Im picking the car up tomorrow and taking ALOT more pics. I will make up a new sig thread for it as well. I have joined an Accord forum, but I am still going to swing by here and be a part of this great community.

:hurray:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
congradulations on your new honda.... now sell me your front bumper cover & fog lights :biggrin:.
Lol the Trep is staying in my dad's care... And you DONT want the Trep's front bumper trust me lol... This car has been a dd on the streets of NYC for 11 years... That is all Im gonna say :riptires:

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats, you should be happy with it. Not my favorite color though but the price is right!
I think I am going to be very happy with it. I cant wait to take it home
Oh well. At least I got two days off work outta the deal. Congrats on the new ride.
Yeah I am sorry about that Shawn. It was short notice for everyone.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Those V6 Hondas are quick little buggers. Faster than our 3.5's . You should be able to go 0-60 mph in the low 6 sec range and easily top out over 130 mph. The new ones are even quicker. In the high 5's. Some of the R/T Hemi guys are always talking trash about V6. They think if it's anything less than a V8, it's slow. Funny, the new V6 Accords and V6 Altimas are just a tick slower than the 5.7L Hemi LX's. We're talking a few 10ths of a second.

Just put on some nice looking alloy wheels and some foglights to sport it up a bit and should be a nice ride.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those V6 Hondas are quick little buggers. Faster than our 3.5's . You should be able to go 0-60 mph in the low 6 sec range and easily top out over 130 mph. The new ones are even quicker. In the high 5's. Some of the R/T Hemi guys are always talking trash about V6. They think if it's anything less than a V8, it's slow. Funny, the new V6 Accords and V6 Altimas are just a tick slower than the 5.7L Hemi LX's. We're talking a few 10ths of a second.

Just put on some nice looking alloy wheels and some foglights to sport it up a bit and should be a nice ride.
lol yeah I love the power with this thing!

I just ordered some splash guards, a half nose bra, trunk tray, and all weather floormats... Getting 35% tint sometime this week...

I like the rims though lol :biggrin:

OEM fogs are something I really want to do! And put some yellow bulbs in just like the Trep! Will have to wait for a while though.

·
Registered
706 Posts
tint the tails to go with the tinted windows, would look pretty phat IMO.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts