DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 3.5 is down and out. Was racin' a co-worker and before it made the 2nd shift it busted.

Not a knock - but a scraping. :flipa:

I bet it blew a ring or 2. Won't even fire up anymore. It'll be getting another 3.5 - 1st gen. Was THINKING about a 2nd gen swap but it's a little too much for this car.

Maybe a local meet can be arranged for this weekend at the shop. Just something to consider. I"ll let you guys know this weds. :biggrin:

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Damn, I was hoping you would make it to 500K. With 365K on a 3.5 there is no room for complaints!! Good luck on the engine swap!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn, I was hoping you would make it to 500K. With 365K on a 3.5 there is no room for complaints!! Good luck on the engine swap!!
That's what I was hoping for - but I'm not gonna granny a car. I didn't regulary beat on this one - but god knows I was not it's 'easiest' owner.

It's allright - as you pointed out. For that many miles something had to be going very soon. Just glad it did it close to home than comming out to you guys! :biggrin:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Allright - the install is on for this weekend. Sat around 4-5ish till when ever. If it needs a 2nd day it'll be sunday early till when ever. Anyone that wants to come and just chill out at a shop that's cool with me. Shoot me a PM and I'll give ya my cell and the location. For 'nearness' sake it's not too far from Warren and Telegraph in Redford, Michigan. :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Just curious, how many transmissions did you go through in all of this 365xxx miles?

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Couldn't tell ya. When I had the car it had about 349,xxx and the trans was rebuilt about 3000 miles ago...

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
i got a 93-94 3.5 with 70K miles, yours if you pick it up.

·
Registered
124 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts