DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my rear view mirror came off from the subs... but is there some way i can fix this one or get a new one to fit the OEM mount (like say from a store such as Autozone) but its a aftermarket mirror?

·
Registered
72 Posts
you can go and get glue that is specially made to glue on those mirrors. i know we have it at our dealership and it's relatively cheap. just scrape off all the old glue from the mirror and window and re-glue it on there.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Is the button still attached to the windshield? If so, all you have to do is slide the mirror back on and tighten down the setscrew. If the button fell off just pick up some rearview mirror adhesive at autozone, reattach it to the windshield, and then put the mirror back on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well it turns out that it was the mirror and the screw that was causing the problems, i should have known from all the violent shaking that the mirror would do.. i solved 2 problems with 2 turns of a screw driver :)

·
Registered
234 Posts
i just put i tiny dab of lock tight on the set screw and screwed it in real tight. Problem solved. also i put dynomat on the back of the mirror to help stop the rattling noises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts