DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well after my small fire my amps are fried i still have my subs so im good on the they are 400 rms 800 max and 4 ohm. i have to the i wanna bridge to 2 ohm
so any help plz im thinking of kenwood amps or pioneer again id like to stay name brnad

so how is this amp

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
This is the big amp that I run:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Memphis-16-MC1000D-Mono-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ9706540106QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

You will have to either go through eBay or go to an audio shop to get one though since Memphis will not authorize their product to be sold via the internet. From my experience this one packs a great bang for the buck, and is as good as or better then the larger name amps. Don't think that this is some garbage amp.

Are you looking for a class a/b amp? I would think, based on your last setup, that you would want a class d amp.

·
Registered
202 Posts

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
qp_20 said:
This is the big amp that I run:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Memphis-16-MC1000D-Mono-Amplifier_W0QQitemZ9706540106QQcategoryZ18796QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

You will have to either go through eBay or go to an audio shop to get one though since Memphis will not authorize their product to be sold via the internet. From my experience this one packs a great bang for the buck, and is as good as or better then the larger name amps. Don't think that this is some garbage amp.

Are you looking for a class a/b amp? I would think, based on your last setup, that you would want a class d amp.

Memphis amps are def the way to go. My new system will have nothing but memphis amps with it.

Too bad they don't make the kind of subwoofers i need. :(

--Gorm

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
looks like ill be going with that pioneer amp ty and i wont have pics up untill after august meet sorry cant ruin the new build ;)

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Gorm said:
Memphis amps are def the way to go. My new system will have nothing but memphis amps with it.

Too bad they don't make the kind of subwoofers i need. :(

--Gorm
Well at least I am not the only one that knows. I run 1500 watts RMS between the two amps and I probably paid about the sames as it would take to get 1000 from most other companies.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have a Memphis PB4200 running one ten and both front and rears and it ROCKS! My brother turned me on to them a couple years back...

·
Registered
383 Posts
another good site to buy from is www.sonicelectronics.com. They are pretty cheap as well and have a pretty big variety. I made a $777.26 purchase from them and have 3 good things to say about them:

1) I was ordering a Phoenix Gold R octane amp ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_1703.html ), and they said it was out of stock, mostly because they get so many complaints that they don't want to sell bad products to people unless they are gung ho and won't change their minds. They recommended an MA audio amp w/better specs and sold it to me for the lower PG price ( http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_2676.html ). I've since done research on both and found that they were being truthful

2) I recieved my order fairly quickly. Newegg is a bit faster, but I was pretty pleased with the speed that I recieved my order

3) One part was missing.. which I think was actually Kenwood's fault. It was the wire harness to the x790 that I bought. Not the wire harness that connects to the Intrepid wiring, but the one that actually plugs into the x790, which *should* be in the x790 box itself. Though I had to wait a bit on the phone, their warranty department was very helpful and agreed to ship out the replacement free of charge. I wasn't harassed about it/had to fill out survey/anything annoying at all. I was very suprised at how clean the interaction went.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ty all i have went to that site and ii will have a nice stup with little out of my pocket if you want to see it come to cali in august

1 - 11 of 11 Posts