DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you didn't know already, I picked up a 300m on Wednesday. It had a coolant leak. A dealer replaced the tube under the intake that connects the reservoir and heater lines to the intake. Well, they went out of business and the guy who owned the car at the time was SOL when he found out it still leaked. I bought the car pretty cheap and tore into it right away. Well, here is the source of the leak. The NEW tube is missing a bracket to hold it on. It is a dealer only part, so, I will try to make my own bracket for it and have somebody at work weld it on.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
Nice easy fix. IIRC the earlier ones only had one bracket 98-99, and they went to two 00-01ish...due to leakage issues....an 01-04 pipe should have two brackets on it.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice easy fix. IIRC the earlier ones only had one bracket 98-99, and they went to two 00-01ish...due to leakage issues....an 01-04 pipe should have two brackets on it.
Well, that makes sense. There is a bolt for another bracket, I just thought it was a mistake by the manufacturer of the tube.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
38,497 Posts
What does having or not having a bracket do to cause a leak?
The end of that pipe just "sits" in the bottom of the intake, with a small o-ring on it. Nothing to secure it at that point. Only having one bracket on the pipe allows the pipe to move all over the place, and easily leak.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't think to get a picture but I made a bracket at work using a scrap of 12 GA steel. I just got done putting it all back together and it is running good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.