DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so as some of the guys saw at the meet this week my cars not in the greatest shape,today i was working on the car and a bolt broke in the ac pump. being tierd i sat there thinking i was going to stop fixing it and look for something better.

but hey,gotta love the old *****,i was raised in that car after all.
so instead of getting anothere car well im going to spend some money and lots of time to fix her up.

so what i now need is both exaust sections from a 2.7L from the headers to the resonator.
my car is darn loud,and not in a good way,i have an exaust leak on both flexibles.
scrap yard quotes me at 400 per side! someone must have these for cheep? ross?
and i also need an engine subframe mine is on the going bad side.
as far as rust goes when everything fixed up the car getting bodywork and new paint.
so anyone have the downpipe or a subframe laying about? can pick up if distance is ok.
ill go all the way to ontario if needed.

lets get this show on the road!

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
i dont have anything for you. but im glad to see you changed your mind about getting something else and fixing it.

·
1st Gen FTW - It's AutoMedic!
15,449 Posts
Why not take the oportunity of needing exhaust and subframe, and do a 3.5 swap? You just need to find a donor car that has a good sub frame and tubes, and just drop the 2.7 out for the 3.5... You might be able to buy a complete parts car out of a junk yard, pull what you want, put your old parts back on it, and send the car back to the junk yard whole and complete - and make some of your money back!

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I had an exhaust and subframe for your car, it was even the same color(not that it mattered) until last week, gone now. Good luck on the search

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so on the todo list:
-subframe swap
-downpipes
-fix power stearing loss(easy)
-fix ac lost(damit)
-passenger side floor
-undercoat the car
-clean the cooked oil on the engine

edit1:
-e brake fix
-brake booster

there we go,happy summer:turn:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ac is now fixed,took the pump out and was forced to do new treads and use an oversized bolt.power steering is allso fixed.

now next on the list is the e brake:wacko:

and about the brake booster,a few days ago the pedal went stif and when the pedal is pressed whit the engine started it will sound like air is leaking,also brakeing has became sligthly less efective(i need to brake more in advance)

im thinking my booster has gon bad,what about you guys what do you think´.

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Very likely the brake booster needs replaced... About $80 at the local parts store, highly recommend getting the proper clip at the dealer that connects the rod to the pedal under the dash - only like, $6 or so, IIRC.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
getting a parts car soon,ill get: subframe, downpipes,ebrake pieces i need,b booster,extera.

im going to a pick n pull i know,ill either get a corde lxi whit a 3.2 or a trep whit a blown 2.7L

are the downpipes the same on a 3.2 as a 2.7L downpipes?

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
are you thinking 3.2 swap?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no I beleive he just wants to swap the pipes from a 3.2...good luck on your repairs bud![/QUOTE

pretty much,if they fit ill keep the 3.2 and rebuild it along whit the tranny on it.
but for now i want my car not to sound like it sounds atm,so can 3.2L downpipes fit on a 2.7L manifold down to the 2 in 1 resonator?

thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts