DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well what you think the damage is after having things like this falling from the sky for 45 mins straight

Looking at it after work at night you can see quite a few dents looks like a honeycomb

28 years never saw hail that big in chicago now to find out if the insurance is going to cover it

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
That's not too uncommon around here. We get something like that every 3-4 years or so - thank goodness it's only in small pockets when it happens! I've got one small dent in the hood and another in the roof from our latest bout. Insurance should cover it if you have "full coverage" ...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
That sucks. I had the same thing happen in 2002. http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?t=18479

By taking a different route home in order to make a $3.00 purchase, I ended up paying a $500.00 deductable! If I had taken my regular route home I would have missed the entire thing!

·
Registered
467 Posts
if your insurance will cover it, that might be a good thing. get all the tiny little dings and scratches out of the car while it's at the shop, just claim them as hail damage.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ouch man, that really sucks, hopefully you dpn't have to pay anything, or only a deductible instead of the whole repair!

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Well after the lovely hail storm the nexted day i went to was the car to see the damage and its not to bad actually. 6 dents to hood 4 to roof 1 on the passenger side 1 on drivers side 2 cracks to the windshield 3 to the truck lid. also 2 paint chips down to bar metal on the hood. state farm comes thru again cutting check for me on tuesday

AND NOPE NO DEDUCTABLE TO PAY they rated it as CAT or in english wheather catastrophe in which time by 1030 the nexted day when i called there was 276 claims

·
Registered
413 Posts
I was an insurance agent/adjuster for eight years in Louisiana. We were getting several hail storms every spring for like four years. I had a claim on my car a couple years ago and didnt think it was "too bad", just a ping here and there. I took it in to get an estimate and it was like $2500 worth of damage. I pocketed the cash because you could barely even see it and the car was paid for! :icon_razz Another route to try if you want to fix it and still pocket some cash is paintless dent repair...

·
Registered
195 Posts
Oh Shee-ut! That sux.

We had a hail storm here a couple weeks ago, though the hailstones weren't that big. Thankfully my car was under the carport at the time. 2 neighbors cars (a Trans Am and an LHS) both suffered 2-3 dings each. I'm glad those storms don't happen here often.

Glad you had good insurance. State Farm has always been good to me, too.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,694 Posts
Ouch! That sucks man, hope the insurance comes thru on it...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Code2medic said:
Well what you think the damage is after having things like this falling from the sky for 45 mins straight

Looking at it after work at night you can see quite a few dents looks like a honeycomb

28 years never saw hail that big in chicago now to find out if the insurance is going to cover it
Thursday 4-13-06 May car was attacked by a hail storm. The ice turds were a bit bigger, about 2-1/2" diameter. 1 on the hood, 1 on the trunk lid,1 on rear quarter next to antenna, and 1 on the outer edge of the roof where front and rear doors meet. I took the car to Dent Doctors this morning for an estimate. Will be about $660, scheduled for Sat. 4-23-06. All dents will be worked out from backside. The one on the edge of the roof might be trouble because of structural re-enforcement. The only paint damage was a very slight crack in the clear coat on the hood which will be re-sealed after dent is removed.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jed that was one of the small ones that i grabbed the ones by the car where alot bigger took that picture that way insurance could not disput the claim
well if you pulling 660 for 4 dents i can only imagin what mines going to cost. that same storm that hit you him me considering your right across the border from where i was at

·
Registered
249 Posts
Totally sucks, man. I'm down in Plainfield, so I was right between two nasty hailstorms...had one in Joliet (missed me) and one up towards the city (missed me as well). My luck is bound to run out eventually, though. Too bad that the scratches and dings in it aren't claimable (Asshole hit my rear bumper in a parking lot at my university, poked holes in it with hit license plate screws)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts