DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
That sucks, Its gonna be weird to know that camaros are not going to be made....I like those camaros, especially the SS's.

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah...and what really sucks is that other Auto manufacturers may see this as the market for 2 door high horsepower V8 cars being gone. We may never see a 2 door Charger!!!

They better not touch the 'Stang!!! :mad:

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Vipers and old Hemi Cudas rule. I am sorry about the people that will loss their jobs. I wont loss any sleep over the loss of the Camaro`s. But I really all ways liked the Firebirds. Frist Plymouth then Old`s now GM`s muscle cars, whats next.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Wow... and I just reserved a Camaro convertible for my work trip im taking to the west coast in October. Daym.

Well im sure ill enjoy the car while im driving it. :)

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
yeah, the camaros and firebirds are sweet ass cars, I do not know how the Mustang outsells them so much. I would rather have one of them then a Mustang.

·
Registered
558 Posts
FYI, the Mercury is all but gone in Canada. Maybe the Grand Marquis is still available, but that's it.
As for the success of the Mustang, I really do not know what the Americans' infactuation is with FORD. Their success rate in Canada is not nearly as good. The Windstar sells lots. Mustang...Tauarus..Focus??? Whoooaaa...wake me up...I think I'm having a bad dream.

Danny
Captialcity RT

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, when it comes to the Camaro vs. Mustang debate, I'd have to say it comes down to livability.

The F-Bodies were defintely the best bang for the buck of the century...but the majority of pony car sales wern't to the V8 crowd.

Most sales of the Mustang were for V6 buyers. A very good portion of those buyers were young females. Now picture yourself as a 20 something lady sitting behind the wheel of a Camaro/Firebird. You can hardly see over the steering wheel because the seats are so low and you have no idea where the end of the hood is (just that is somewhere about 15 feet infront of you)

Myself, I like the low slung attitude of the Camaro. But when it comes to the mass appeal of the the two cars, the Mustang is a far better "user-friendly" vehicle. Plus, for some odd reason, people have this stigma against hatchbacks..I love 'em. I wish they would bring the Mustang hatchback/fastback back...

Too bad...I hope this is only a temporary hiatus for the F-Bodies. They have clasic nameplates that hopefully won't come back on a front-driver 4 banger in ten years.

·
Registered
220 Posts
"Pontiac will offer the new Vibe GT, Bonneville SSEi and supercharged Grand Prix GTP."

Yeah thats fair, after offering the most powerful TA in history they are replacing it with a Mini-Aztec, a fugly slug, and the plastic body cladding champion.

I'm determined GM is intentionaly trying to kill themselves. Why the heck are they still building Buicks and GMCs ?? What the hell were they thinking when the Green-Lighted the Aztec? Who is the Moron who designed the New Impala? When the hell are they going to update the Cavalier that platform is like, what 18 years old?

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
I hope this is only a temporary hiatus for the F-Bodies. They have clasic nameplates that hopefully won't come back on a front-driver 4 banger in ten years.
like the old rustangs of the mid 80s? the ones to which i gave trouble when i was riding a big wheel or a bike with training wheels? :D

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Mustang's were never FWD, 4 cyl yes, but not FWD. Oh, and those SVO Mustang's are nothing to sneeze at, turbo 2.3L, which was the quickest Pony car in '84. You can pick one up in great shape for about 4K, throw another 5K in engine, trans and chassis mods and have yourself a 11-12s 4 banger for 9K. :)

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
soemthing about only 4 cyl that just makes me shudder.....

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh yeah, those SVO's were mean...my neighbor down the block has one. I'd be surprised to find one only $4K though, unless it's rough.

Starting around '84-'85, the Mustangs really started to get their steam back. Once '87 hit, there wasn't anything faster domestically (except the 'Vette for 3 times the price). Hell, the 80's were golden years for the Mustang! Now let's not talk about the mid 70's. :rolleyes:

97 Sport, the Mustang almost became a front driver with the whole Probe debacle, but enthusiasts didn't let that happen with a big ole letter writing campaign. The Camaro guys did the same thing recently, but it obviously didn't work.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I saw this morning in the news that this is only a temporary halt on production. There is a chance that they will bring back the Camaro's and Firebirds in the future....imagine the changes that will come when they do.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
The BIG rumor is that the TA/Camaro will come back in 2004-5 as a FWD car a la Monte Carlo. Both cars will have a V6 as standard, but come with an optional V8.

But eek, FWD!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts