DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 405 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just testing the waters here guys. My hometown (Forest City, NC http://www.townofforestcity.com/) hosts a really cool car show/street festival in August. Last year I believe they had around 200-250 cars.... from a 1920-something Chevy truck to a modded out 2002 GMC Yukon and everything in between (classics, hot rods, ricers, limited editions, etc). Just thought I'd see if any of the Treppers in the Southeast (or anywhere else!) would be interested in making a mini-meet out of it.

The date for this year is Saturday, August 19 from 4:00 to 10:00PM. If anyone is interested in a making a weekend of it, we could work in a barbecue/cook-out, visit the local hot spots (Wal-Mart, Sonic, Pizza Hut...LOL), and maybe a cruise/photo-op to the Lake Lure and Chimney Rock area:

http://www.lake-lure.com/
http://www.chimney-rock.com/

The town website doesn't have any info on the show posted yet, but I'm trying to get the details. I'll post them soon.

Add to this thread or PM me if you're interested.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Cool!! Now if we can get a couple more interested, I'll get this (or a new thread) "Sticky-ed" to the top of the board.

I'm still waiting to hear from the town regarding detailed info for the show.

Edited to add: My 100th post!! WooooHooooo! :beer:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Suh-weet. I'm still trying to get "official" info for the show. But I know (in the past) all cars are welcome. I think they would be happy to have a club/group, no matter what age the car, or how modded/stock.

I'll stop by the City Manager's office Monday and see if I can get full info.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,122 Posts
I could make that one. Any updates on the timing? happy 4th everyone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Guys I'm still trying to get "official" info from the town regarding the show. My work schedule just isn't giving me the opportunity to talk to the City Manager or anyone else who can provide the official info. I now have e-mails and phone calls in to 3 or 4 people in the City Manager's Office. Hopefully I'll have something for you guys by early next week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mark me down as a maybe. Bone stock 96 here but looking for ideas at the moment to modify a little...lol

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Oh man, I'm going down to myrtle beach on the 20th. I wish I was leaving a day earlier so I could make a detour and meet you guys. I don't think I'd be able to convince my parents to leave early though!

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
Maybe we could all caravan to the beach after the show. That would be cool as h***

**Edit**

Nevermind just looked it up on google and it states

Start address: Forest City, NC 28043
End address: Myrtle Beach, SC
Distance: 280 mi (about 6 hours 30 mins)
Yeah, its pretty far. I have to go through NC and we're stopping to meet a friend of my dad's not too far from forest city so I might have been able to talk him into a slight detour but no way is he going to leave a day early on account of me. We're taking my mom's maxima so you guys would probably be pissed if I showed up in an import anyway. lol

1 - 20 of 405 Posts