DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a product called Wet Paint for about ten years now with exceptional results.

Here are some pics of my car that show off the shine:

I have not washed this car with water in over a year. I just bought a 93 VW Fox that is red, it was very oxidized and Wet Paint removed the oxidation and made it look new again.

Here is what it looks like:

Charles

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
Your car is, hands down, the best looking first gen that I have ever seen, and that is even with a color that I'm not too fond of. My 96 3.5 could use some paint help, and after reading all of the info on the web site, I have been convinced. Once I get home, I'm going to order some. Also, congrats on getting your car and a link to your site on their testimonials page. The site looks great.

·
Registered
31 Posts
MathWiz said:
I have been using a product called Wet Paint for about ten years now with exceptional results.
So this product looks incredible, but I'm a skeptic. I believe in the philisophy "If it's too good to be true, then it probably is". Still, I will try this product since not only am I a skeptic, but a lazy ass as well, and am tired of the scrathes earned in washing/drying. :tongue:

Charles, is it true that you don't even have to WASH the car before applying this product? They claim it on their website, but I would never think of doing that as I would think that I would scratch my paint.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I used something similar to this a while back(early 90s)...it was sold as a multilevel marketing type thing. Promised waterless car washes and it came with a 1/2 gallon of the fluid and a pump sprayer that you pumped up and allowed the fluid to be sprayed on the car. It actually did a pretty good job of cleaning and shining the car but I think the stuff was pretty harsh...smelled very chemically...kind of like a clear coat prep...like a paint thinner type smell. Directions were to spray it on and wipe the liquid off with one towel and then shine with another. After using it awhile it started eating the finish off of the camper shell on my pickup. Stopped using it after that. Seemed good for removing wax (and clear coat):confused:

I was always a little skeptical spraying this stuff on a dirty car and then wiping...didn't really leave scratches but I think that's because it was removing some clear coat each time like a clear coat prep product.

I am not sure if this is the same stuff but does look very similar.

I will stick with a good water/soap hand wash and traditional polish/wax.

Quote from web site:
>>Wet Paint may be applied daily without harming painted surfaces. Wet Paint only works as hard as it has to. If the paint is in excellent condition, it will be as gentle to the finish as water. If the paint is badly faded, it will cut through the layers of oxidation each time it is used.

It is smart too? Only works as hard as it has too? I don't buy this...if this is the same stuff, I found it to be pretty harsh. Certainly cleaned pretty well but I think in the long run your paint will pay for it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I ordered it ($8.99 + $5.28 shipping). It should be here in 4 days or so she said. I will post my results.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The other product that Chicago TRS was speaking of is probably "Dry Wash n Guard", it is made in the same factory with a slightly different formula. It is mulltilevel marketing and costs about twice as much as Wet Paint.

And yes I spray Wet Paint right on a dirty car and wipe it off, it cleans off the dirt and makes the surface very smooth, you can use it on almost anything with a hard surface. I learned not to use it anywhere that the surface you treated, your feet and water come together. I used it in my bathtub, the tub was gleaming, but when I went to take a shower, I about busted my ass :tongue: because it was like standing on ice.

Charles

·
Registered
136 Posts
MathWiz, how often do you use WetPaint (on average)?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
MathWiz said:
The other product that Chicago TRS was speaking of is probably "Dry Wash n Guard", it is made in the same factory with a slightly different formula. It is mulltilevel marketing and costs about twice as much as Wet Paint.
That's the stuff...I would not recommend "Dry Wash n Guard". Can't really comment on Wet Paint...but if it is made by the same people I would investigate before using.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MorrowLess said:
MathWiz, how often do you use WetPaint (on average)?
Since my car sits in the garage most of the time and I dust it with a California Car Duster when I take it out, so it stays pretty clean, but when it does get dirty I use Wet Paint every 4 to 6 weeks.

Charles

·
Registered
781 Posts
Just repaint it, its the only way to go, hehe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts