DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my 2001 LXi in a good spot, runs good with no warning lights, replaced muffler now quiet and smooth as can be. It’s one car in my small fleet of used cars, the others being a 08 Escape and 2010 Acadia, both of which I walk right past to take the Concorde out for the day. Certainly a charming enough car. Or am I just crazy?

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,991 Posts
Same here, I've bought numerous new cars over the years, always still preferred driving the Trep. Swore I would retire it; finally did last year after purchasing my old Ram company truck from work, which I also drove for years. My last new car, I swore it would replace the Trep; it didnt. LOL. Still have it, and its only got 27,000 miles, bought in '19 with 22K miles.

They are great cars, hard to beat. Keep on going, and going; LOL. Very versatile, comfortable. Keeps you coming back.

I've had mine for 16 years now; lots of mods etc over time, but its by far been the best and easiest to maintain and drive.

240K miles now; 23 years old, she is starting to get rickety. Its been such a great car I cannot trade it or sell it. Its a family heirloom at this point. Anything and everything that goes wrong will get fixed.

I'll keep it, even if its sitting in my garage not driven for 30 years when I'm 80. LOL.

Luckily the Ram I have has been as good as the Trep; so I can retire it; do some restoration; and drive the Ram daily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I feel the same as well, I'm on my 3rd one now. I had a job where I got a new company car every 3 years and I had a 99 and a 02 Intrepid. They drove great, were extremely roomy and comfortable and also had a huge trunk. Fast forward to 2015 and I needed a daily driver and found a 2001 with 72k miles on it. Garaged, dealer serviced and not driven in the snow so no exposure to salt, some of my friends thought it was a brand new car given the condition! Bought it and have had it ever since putting another 60k on it. Now I have an Altima as a company car but I could not bring myself to selling the Intrepid. It is just too good a car to get rid of and I still prefer it as an everyday driver. The 18 Altima just doesn't have the comfortable seating and the driving dynamics that my 20 year old Intrepid has, so much for progress!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts