DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
the dent in my door was creased at the front structural member and the paint was pretty marred up... so no chance of clean repair. As far as the cost... they replaced the door and painted and mounted... I figure 6-700 bucks just for that.
$700? ouch. I might just go to a yard, pick up a door and just have it painted to match. i've had the inner door panel off since the accident--the structural member isn't damaged at all. in all seriousness, i think a few good punches from inside will pop this dent right out; and the rest can be done with body filler. i'll go for some estimates though

a little side note: i suggest you get some edge guards to prevent the paint from chipping off the doors. they saved my butt more than a few times :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
Car looks great!!!!

If it makes you feel any better about the prices... some girl hit my car in the parking lot at school just after Nick had painted it (seriously, not even a full two months after my car was painted lol). The big bolts from her front license plate frame gouged into my rear bumper. I even parked a good 2' away from the middle line to preven some douchebag from hitting me lol. Anyway, the cheap estimate of repair was $675 (keeping my bumper and repainting).

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Sorry to hear about the damage. Absolutely sux however, this might brighten your day a bit. One of the recent hire's, (Also a Nate), has this hanging in his toolbox. From his old truck:

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
my car looks just like that i have a 02 intrepid se i hit the garage door accidentally hitting gas instead of brake
my wife keeps doing that lol. Sux!!

Sorry to hear about the damage. Absolutely sux however, this might brighten your day a bit. One of the recent hire's, (Also a Nate), has this hanging in his toolbox. From his old truck:

I need that for my garage. Alot.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I always insist on a equivalent vehicle when it's another persons insurance. 90% of the time they argue a little and then give in.

I also usually get high quotes from big name body shops and then negotiate with the insurance till I'm happy with their offer.

I then take their money and my car to my local guy's body shop and we fix many extra items using the money.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Wow, this thread's been going for years... :)

My 1st gen '95 Intrepid Sport was T-boned, rear door and quarter panel, and it was $2200 worth of work, and this was around 2005 or so. Most of that cost was in the pearlcoat blending, of course. Paint seems to be the most expensive part on a car.

Then I lost the whole car when an idiot driving on the wrong side of the road totaled it. I made the front page of the paper though...

Chris

Attachments

41 - 52 of 52 Posts