DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday afternoon, while coming back from the trans shop w/ some parts for my kid's durango, hear this awful sound...

"Man that crotch-rocket's really on it" says number one son. Few seconds later, 2nd gen blows by me like i'm standing still, and the sound goes with it.
Don't know what exhaust mods were on it, but it sure sounded like a Ninja.

Get home, neighbor kid has a beater of a 1st gen. Not a straight panel to be found on the body....

Car's on the street, tape all over, and he's sprayin' it purple, from rattle cans. Cops made him move it off street. He leaves. Comes back a couple hours later, now its got a wide silver stripe down the center.

A couple of hours later, the skies parted and the rains came....not a good day in intrepid land....

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
doesn't sound like it. I love intrepids but for some reason was never too fond of the first generation.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Only first gen I would buy would be either an all black with black leather or the cop car from RoboCop lol. Gotta say it wasn't the first gen that drew me to intrepids, it was the second gen that made me love them!

I've seen a kid down my street Krylon an old IROC camaro with bright blue paint. Bastard even painted over the center hood venting.

Josiah

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I want to know who gave me negative rep for my reply! Nothing I said was offensive or irrelevant!! I was giving my opinion/support to the original poster!! I'm sick of this negative rep for no reason. I think I'm an important and helpful member of this community and to get negative rep without anyone actually confronting me first is quite bothersome. The rep-giver called me a post whore? That is innappropriate and uncalled for. Just because I find this site to be very helpful and interesting and feel like giving my input several times a day, on occasion, that makes me bad somehow??? I have no interest in my amount of posts or what you people think about my opinions on what I say, but I sure as hell hope at least some people appreciate my help and general input. I'm having second thoughts about this site. Heres what the person said. And please have the maturity to step up and tell me what I did wrong.

04-01-2006 21:45 You're really turning into quite a post whore..how about posting when you have something useful to say?
Josiah

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Don't sweat it, Josiah, they're just jealous of the sapphire blue! As soon as I can, I'll hit you again with 4,000 green ones to offset that BS!

·
Registered
750 Posts
well you guys insulted the first gen owners thats jsut wrong...i mean jsut cause they arent as special as second gen owners doesnt mean we have to bash em :) jsut remeber the first gen are our elders and we should respect them. if it wasnt for the first intrepid to get the population hooked on treps our gen would still be a drawing in someones notebook. i ahd 2 favorite first gens the orginal one the color changing 93 with the directional star rims ES and the 97 pewter ES ones.

Reactions: JLWX5

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Thats actually a really good point, Cub. If there wasn't a first gen there couldn't have been a second gen lol. And if there wasn't a original charger, they wouldn't have brought it back, and we wouldn't have an awesome set of polished aluminum 18 inch wheels that fit on the intrepid lol.

I wasn't trying to get positive rep, I just wanted the person to step up and tell me why they felt the need to give me negative rep. I thought I was LOVED!! :all_cohol

Josiah

·
Registered
750 Posts
JLWX5 said:
Thats actually a really good point, Cub. If there wasn't a first gen there couldn't have been a second gen lol. And if there wasn't a original charger, they wouldn't have brought it back, and we wouldn't have an awesome set of polished aluminum 18 inch wheels that fit on the intrepid lol.

I wasn't trying to get positive rep, I just wanted the person to step up and tell me why they felt the need to give me negative rep. I thought I was LOVED!! :all_cohol

Josiah
u

heheh actually mine are magnum R/T wheels :) screw the charger the magnum had em first LOL

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Lolloololol!!
Seriously guys, maybe some kid with a first gen that was self spray bombed read your post. Thus the neg rep. or.... someone just doens't like ya? I have no idea either way.
I'll just go drive my frist gen home from work tonight, and some time this week repair some rust that's beginning to form, with some spray paint.. ;)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
JLWX5 said:

Josiah
As a former 1g owner and current 2g owner I can tell you that there are a few strengths to 1gs to go along with their weaknesses compared to 2gs. I bought my '94 when you were about 8 years old and traded it in a couple months ago. That's almost 12 years, the longest time I've owned any car. It was a base model that had some things that I miss 'cuz my '03 SXT doesn't have them. The outside mirrors were heated (like you,I live in the snow belt),lights in the glove box,ash tray,power window switches,and headlight switch. 1gs have an access panel in the trunk to get to fuel pump and gauge sending unit 2gs do not. 2gs have the fuel filter in the tank,1g filter is outside the tank.My '03 3.5 HO has a lot more HP and torque than the 1g 3.5 but.........the 1g 3.3 is without any question more reliable than the 2g 2.7. Don't get me wrong, I love my '03 SXT, and there are many strengths it has over the 1 g. But it's not a good idea to bash 1g owners, for they can answer questions that you haven't even asked yet. People can only buy what they can afford , a 1g is going to be easier for a first time car buyer to buy. Every one has their own idea of what kind of car they want to buy. My idea of the ugliest vehicle would be the Pontiac Aztec (go ahead try to think of an uglier vehicle), but yet people shelled out thousands of dollars for those eyesores. The least reliable pile would be anything that says YUGO on it(go ahead try to think of something less reliable) oops I forgot about the Chevy Vega, but yet somebody paid thousands of dollars for them when they were new. I don't play the neg rep game (that sort of thing is for whiners), and I'm not really sure what a post whore is. You are loved JLWX5 and welcome to the site and enjoy your saphire machine.

·
Registered
234 Posts
one strength the 1 g's have on us is repairability. It seems like 2 g's were disigned to be slightly more difficult to fix yourself. For instance, the door to the gas pump in the trunk that 1 g's have and 2 g's dont. Or the battery access. I'm just saying, dont get mad and neg rep me! :p :p

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You know I could be wrong for saying this, maybe its a april fools joke, I mean the negative feedback is dated april 1st???? Just a thought.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Oldschool, I just wanna know who that is on your avatar?!! Damn! Also, I see you're in kettering. Good to see other fellow 937'ers on here

·
Registered
347 Posts
jedgxe said:
As a former 1g owner and current 2g owner I can tell you that there are a few strengths to 1gs to go along with their weaknesses compared to 2gs. I bought my '94 when you were about 8 years old and traded it in a couple months ago. That's almost 12 years, the longest time I've owned any car. It was a base model that had some things that I miss 'cuz my '03 SXT doesn't have them. The outside mirrors were heated (like you,I live in the snow belt),lights in the glove box,ash tray,power window switches,and headlight switch. 1gs have an access panel in the trunk to get to fuel pump and gauge sending unit 2gs do not. 2gs have the fuel filter in the tank,1g filter is outside the tank.My '03 3.5 HO has a lot more HP and torque than the 1g 3.5 but.........the 1g 3.3 is without any question more reliable than the 2g 2.7. Don't get me wrong, I love my '03 SXT, and there are many strengths it has over the 1 g. But it's not a good idea to bash 1g owners, for they can answer questions that you haven't even asked yet. People can only buy what they can afford , a 1g is going to be easier for a first time car buyer to buy. Every one has their own idea of what kind of car they want to buy. My idea of the ugliest vehicle would be the Pontiac Aztec (go ahead try to think of an uglier vehicle), but yet people shelled out thousands of dollars for those eyesores. The least reliable pile would be anything that says YUGO on it(go ahead try to think of something less reliable) oops I forgot about the Chevy Vega, but yet somebody paid thousands of dollars for them when they were new. I don't play the neg rep game (that sort of thing is for whiners), and I'm not really sure what a post whore is. You are loved JLWX5 and welcome to the site and enjoy your saphire machine.
I think the aztec is tied with the honda element in the ugly area

1 - 17 of 17 Posts