DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody see something wrong here? Keep in mind it was 82 degrees on Sunday and this is Austin, TX!

(click for bigger images)

Of course the whole damn town is pretty much shut down except for Motorola. There is 1/4-1/2" of ice on the roads. Many of the overpasses and fly-over entrance ramps are closed. TxDOT is recommending travel for emergencies only. Average speed on I35 right now is 2 MPH. I'm glad I have the ability to work from home... ;)

·
Registered
1,527 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I remember "winter storms" in Dallas. They shut stuff down so quickley I'm surprised the sun even came out.

BTW, nice neighborhood.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Congrats on the winter weather ;) looks like the Russian weather machine is working again. That reminds me, I better get more gas for the snowblower (ran out yesterday) before it snows again, oh and the high for today is -10 degrees celsius or something.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey I know what real snow is, I'm originally from Iowa. I laugh at this stuff along with you guys. But you should hear the news reports and others talking about the weather. You'd think the world has come to an end or something. So far we've reached 25 degrees F and aren't expecting to break the feezing point until tomorrow.

As for sand trucks, all three of them have been on the roads since last night. Yes I said all THREE, no holding back today! Also, they don't use any salt, just sand and only on the main streets. No side streets, not even through downtown. With as few cars as were out this morning there were over 100 reported wrecks during the morning "rush" hour. It started last night during rush hour and comuters making the drive from south Austin to north Austin (typically about 20 minutes) took an average of 3.5 hours to get home... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Sand is much better than Salt. Traction before melting. Yes, I've had both and as much as I thought the sand did nothing, it actually did about the same as salt. Go Sand!

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Jeez, when I first looked at the pictures, I thought you were showing us that it rained or something. Pff, ooh, 25, that's like, higher than today's high here.

·
Registered
884 Posts
today is was a high of 87 degrees here. ha ha ha
i wish i could tell you all where i am.
but it's a security thing.

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That would be correct. A little 1996 POS Geo Prism. It belongs to the girlfriend. Notice it's sitting outside while the R/T is snuggled up in the garage keeping nice and ice free. Of course it was my ass that was out there this morning chisseling it all off so she could get to work... :crazy:

·
Registered
8,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're right it is Prizm and yes they are nothing more than a Toyota Corolla. Everything in it including engine are labeled Toyota. I really shouldn't complain too much about the car, mechanically it's in pretty damn good condition considering it has around 150,000 miles on it and according to her, never recieved any more maintenance than oil changes every 3000 miles, a set of brake pads 2 years ago and is on its 3rd set of tires. Hopefully it will last long enough for her to get her promotion, pay off her student loans and save enough for the new Beetle convertible she wants... ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts