DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Why do you work on your car?

• I want to make it faster

Votes: 9 15.3%
  • I want to make it look better

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • I want it to run correctly

Votes: 22 37.3%
  • my car is a piece of **** that constantly requires service!

Votes: 6 10.2%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
I want a black evic with tire psi sensors.... 300M Special Heated Turn Signal Mirrors.... 300M Black Heated Leather Seats <? do they make black heated leather seats?>...

ahhhh the list goes on....

Oh yeah.... gotta get rid of that stock shitty stereo system SOON!!!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Ummmmm, well..........I did mostly appearance mods for a while.........but now the performance mods are coming :)

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
[Veruka Salt voice] "I want the world, I want the whole world. I want to lock it all up in my pocket, I want it now" [/voice]

oh wait, you meant car-related, I guess I just want it to keep running as good as it has been

The car has only been to the dealer twice, once for the recall and the other was a warranty repair for the shrinking door seals

·
Registered
740 Posts
You left out a "comfort/convienance" option. That's what I go for. Most of my "mods" are interior and done to make the car more liveable or better for long trips. (In-dash CD Changer, EVIC+, Nav, etc)

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
most every mod i have done is for looks, and kinda like avenger, i am now thinking about some small performance mods.

(p.s.- did i say out loud like avenger????:O

·
Registered
637 Posts
In a technical sense, I like to let the pros do it. But when I am changing appearance, HELL YEAH I DO IT PERSONALLY!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But doesn't anyone think that having your car run at optimum capabilities is important? I mean, once its running right, these mods mean so much more to so much more. Oh yeah, if I could do one mod to my car, it would be chaning it into a 300M :p

·
9,861 Posts
Depends on my mood. Right now I want it faster.

But I still try to wash/wax it religiously.

·
Registered
7,101 Posts
I do agree, Most of my mods have been Interior. Pro-am Leather, EVIC+, soon to be Nav unit with 6 disc/dvd changer, door panels...etc.

Nothing performance related yet, unless you include autostick in that category.

--Gorm

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
RealSynthetics said:
But doesn't anyone think that having your car run at optimum capabilities is important?
I put that into the "common sense" catagory. If you don't have the car running right in the first place, you have no business adding mods. But, that's just my opinion...

·
9,861 Posts
In2Deep said:
I put that into the "common sense" catagory. If you don't have the car running right in the first place, you have no business adding mods. But, that's just my opinion...
Very true. Unless you are replacing the problematic parts with better ones.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Well, my temperature control only shows a display half the time, my brakes hiss near the pedal, and my front right tire will not hold air...Please! Turn back the clock and make it run right again :)

·
Registered
411 Posts
look better

·
Registered
276 Posts
i bought my 97 3.3 because everything was just perfect(ride ,comfort ,room)
if i can keep it that way with a little maintenance i will be foerever happy.
the best car is one that you dont have to worry about.
as far as exterior mods the first gens dont need them to look good.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'm most interested in getting my car faster. Parts are slowly wearing out, but for the most part, Hecubus still runs great, so I just want to to run faster now. But, I wouldn't mind doing some appearance work (I'm sure fixing the rust holes counts for that), and making the interior even nicer.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Performance! But there are a few luxuries I'm missing - like heated external mirrors - that I just HAVE to get done. And I don't count little things like the Dodge visor plaques as "spending money" for looks - if it's under $20 it's "pocket change" not "upgrades" or "mods". I, also, don't count washing & waxing in the looks dept., either, that's maintenance. I've had lots of cars and if you don't keep 'em clean, you won't have them after ten years. I plan on keeping the Trep a looong time ...
Coming mods:
JoeKD intake (at least I think that's on it's way ...?)
300M mirrors (heated - not signaled)
3" mandrel bend exhaust

Future:
fiberglass hood & FAI

1 - 20 of 36 Posts