DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my car needs new brakes its a 2002 intrepid se . i have had my brakes for about 2 years or more without any problems they were the drills and slotted ones . some random ones from ebay. now they are making noise even when i dont hit the brakes im still hearing noise and my car needs inspected this month . what should i do take it to get inspected and let them figure it out or just get my own brakes and tell them to put them on while they inspect it. im thinking of getting these

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-Callahan-Drilled-Slotted-SPORT-Brake-Rotors-Quiet-Ceramic-Pads-/280821314973?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2002|Model:Intrepid&hash=item416241359d&vxp=mtr

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
What kind of noise? Describe it. May not be the brakes depending on the type of noise.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
typical high pitch squeak noise for brakes its louder when actually using brakes and its still there but lower when just driving.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Sounds like one or more disc calipers might be hanging up and not retracting the brake pads. Is this coming from the front or rear? If rear there are the parking brake components inside the center hub section of the brake rotor to consider also and not the calipers in that case.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,860 Posts
Have you taken a look at the condition of the brake pads and rotors yet?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Sounds like one or more disc calipers might be hanging up and not retracting the brake pads. Is this coming from the front or rear? If rear there are the parking brake components inside the center hub section of the brake rotor to consider also and not the calipers in that case.
this

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the rotors dont look worn to me i have never taken apart breaks before so im not going to look at the pads. im thinking it might be the parking break because i have been using it lately maybe its hanging up. i will get it checked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts