DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 3.5L ES and I want to buy a chip. So far, all I can find is superchips.com and they want like 300 bucks for a chip and from what I understud from their website is that you had to send your ECM to them and they would program it there and then send it back to you. Well I have no idea how to pull that thing out (much less install it again and screw it up) and I really don't want to leave my car sitting in my driveway for 2-3 weeks while they re-program it.

Is there another company out there that can provide a chip that I can just install right on the computer in the car, relativly easily? If not, I can take it to a mechanic and have him do it. Again, I just don't want to have my car sit for 2-3 weeks. I need it everyday. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks! :D

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hey dude. With our cars, any company that will do PCM or ECU upgrades, you must send them the whole unit. They cant just send you a new eprom to plug in. And superchips is the only cip maker I would trust. AND, unfortunately, superchips doesnt (or can't) make them for cars newer than 94's due to the new ODB II computers

·
Registered
587 Posts
If that K&N intake gives you 27 more horsepower, or even 20, I'll eat my stock airbox...I really doubt it would give you that much. And if an ASE chip gives you 30 HP, then I will definitely get one, since there is a money back guarantee. But I want to find out if they give 30 more HP for sure, because that sounds almost too good to be true...

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
i agree with james. good luck getting more than 15hp out of both mods put together.

·
Registered
432 Posts
YEA, NO **** !!! :D
All of those hp #'s are a little high.
I had a friend dyno my car a year ago with this stupid looking, HUGE K&n filter and my Flowmaster. My friend also let me borrow these HUGE 10.4mm plug wires too. ( BRAND ? )
The most I got was 5-7 hp! I though that sucked bad!!! Putting a chip in it well that is a different story.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I e-mailed ASE chips and they only offer chips for 96 and newer for our cars. So I have to go with superchips. Thanks for the input guys! :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
Have you tried JET? I think JET Technology may make a chip that applies to your vehicle and if not the have this control box thing but you will have to splice it into factory wiring.

Yeah, I figured it's exaggerated.... 15-20HP perhaps, every car works differently to these mods.

I'm going to do the intake myself but I'm not crazy about the chip, filling up on premium all the time.

Good luck with your mod!

Take care guys,
MoparPerformance :cool:

[ January 10, 2002: Message edited by: MoparPerformance ]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts