DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I just bought me a Dodge Intrepid R/T and a part from some small issues I am very happy with it. One of those issues is that the rear shocks are soon passed it. I don't feel like replacing them with stock but rather an upgrade.

I would like to lower the car 2-4 inches. I still want the car to be comfortable on the road, just a little sportier. I want shocks with as low friction as I can afford.

I believe the best thing would be to buy a ready four corner chassis kit with coils, shocks, struts and everything preassembled. Does anyone know what kit to use?

Regards

Carl

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Comfortable and Lowered don't go together. Good luck with your search!

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Coilovers? One member was making a set then just fell off the face of the earth. 4 inch drop the best way to go would probably be a custom air setup. I have my car on H&R springs that brought it down an inch and a quarter and fender well clearance is minimal at best.

Comfort isn't too bad with the H&R's and KYB's in my opinion

·
Registered
718 Posts
Coilovers? One member was making a set then just fell off the face of the earth. 4 inch drop the best way to go would probably be a custom air setup. I have my car on H&R springs that brought it down an inch and a quarter and fender well clearance is minimal at best.

Comfort isn't too bad with the H&R's and KYB's in my opinion
ive never seen springs for our cars that arnt stock ride height.

I looked for coilovers before I bought some new Monroe quickstruts...

could go ghetto and cut the springs or use spring clamps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts