DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading an article about a guy who put 2, 3.5's into an lhs, one in the front one in the back (430hp 440ft-lbs tourqe). which got me thinking what you would do if you had the time and money,

because in the near futre I might have the time and money to do a crazy project and I'm trying to get some cool idea's

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I'm gonna have to call bs on the two 3.5Ls untill proven wrong...

What crazy ass mods would i do? Just put a nice super or turbo charger on it and swap a Subaru tranny 6spd into it..

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, i would call bs on that too,
not that I believe it I was just reading and thought if that was real, no car would stand a chance

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also I thought about turbo, but compression is too high, and i would rather have high compression than trying a supercharger or turbo

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
also I thought about turbo, but compression is too high, and i would rather have high compression than trying a supercharger or turbo
no no no, see even if you did "up" the compression the computer notices that and makes changes so in the end you get no gain. This was my plan for a wile 11.5:1 compression on my car.. My goal is to be running in the 14's with Tom and his 300m on all motor.

With a higher compression (10.4:1) and boosting you can boost less and make more hp. You've got less of a gap to fill.

The one and only reason these cars haven't officially been turbo or supercharged yet is money. There are a few people whom have cobbled together a turbo set up or supercharged set up but no dyno results. Just pictures.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, thanks if i get any extra money I may buy another 3.5 from the junkyard (since they have a million of them and they're like $150) and try this. but I don't think I would try it with the one I just rebuilt

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
id do lambo doors, air bag suspension, get a 3.5ho or try and get somethin bigger in there.. and alotta dress up features

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
Chop the roof, weld and shave the back doors. Not make it a convertible, just eliminate it all together, like the old MGs

·
Registered
13,180 Posts
I'd try to make the 300M live up to the 300 nameplate and give it a 300hp engine. Also, would take my car, strip to the body, clean up all the rust that you can't see and give it a nice clean start. For the engine and tranny I would try to get something a little more durable and powerfull. Suspension all new PHP from an R/T. Interior would stay the same except I would put a killer sound system in it. And for the wheels I would go either 18" or 20" charger/magnum style wheels.

·
Registered
4,321 Posts
Can Am 3.3 (300+ hp in New Stock racing form) De-tuned a bit for better street use. A audi Transxle AWD manual with a diff spillting the power 70 rear/30 in front.

·
nobags noswitches nofatbitches
1,014 Posts
forgot viper body kit and a new paint job

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
no no no, see even if you did "up" the compression the computer notices that and makes changes so in the end you get no gain. This was my plan for a wile 11.5:1 compression on my car.. My goal is to be running in the 14's with Tom and his 300m on all motor.

With a higher compression (10.4:1) and boosting you can boost less and make more hp. You've got less of a gap to fill.

The one and only reason these cars haven't officially been turbo or supercharged yet is money. There are a few people whom have cobbled together a turbo set up or supercharged set up but no dyno results. Just pictures.
Not true, Turbo (Rob) way back in the day was legit. I even have a video of his dyno but I never saved the dyno sheet. I'm sure someone has it.

·
The Womanizer!
2,964 Posts
If I had that kind of money to blow I would spend it redoing an older muscle car and not waste it on the Trep!

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
I would run a car totally converted to LX electronics with a stroked 3.5 (to 4.0) with cams and heads.

Someday I will get there.

·
Registered
300 Posts
If i had the millions to spend i would take the car to dodge in detroit and tell them to replace every mechanical part with a titanium replacement. Rotors, calipers, engine, trans the works. Upgrade the calipers to a 2 piston design. I've also been toying around witht he idea of cramming a dodge viper motor into a first gen trep to use strictly for drag racing. I'd also gut the interior and re-do it completely all leather seats, headliner, dash, door panels etc. Get a decent set of rims, custom sound system with video monitors in the sunvisors, head rest and center dash. Interior led lighting kit, under body kit, and engine bay kit. Then finally custom paint job with no body mods (maybe a convertible first gen mod).

I'm fixing up mine to show car status but still keeping it looking as stock as possible (sleeper).

Now thats one h*ll of a wish list for my 94 first gen. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I had that kind of money to blow I would spend it redoing an older muscle car and not waste it on the Trep!
ya muscle, cars are fun I used to have a buick gn clone but the problem with that is it's basically just buyng parts and installing them

I'm more into fabrication because then you can have something that you know noone else has

Like if I had the mnoey and equipment I would try a rwd conversion and a new trans

1 - 20 of 53 Posts