DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, as some of you are already aware, i am the one that lost his trep in a fire.

what do you guys think of this one:

1996 Toyota Celica GTS - 130 000 Kms - $14 998 CAD

i checked the canadian black book value for this car and it states that it should be worth about 7000 CAD.

vin#: JT2DG02T2T0035463

thanks for your guys' help in advance.
here's a pic.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Let me get this right you want to pay $14998 for a car that's worth $7000??? If this is true have I got a bridge to sell you!!!! Why are you willing to pay twice what a car is worth???

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Wait...you're asking folks on an DCX LH forum what we think of a Toyota Celica??!! LOL!!!
You funny guy!

Ok...seriously...definitely wouldn't be my first choice as a replacement. Especially for that price.

·
Registered
843 Posts
kumiyer said:
If you are willing to pay that much, you can easily get a 300M special and much newer model with less miles.
Thats the route I would take, if not an R/T.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
That's WAY overpriced dude.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
if you want a nice japanese car, i would recommend the toyota supra. By far the best looking car IMO for its age. Plus u can get them with twin turbo. So its quite the little beast. The celica is OVERPRICED!!!

check out this 98 supra for 7000$ kinda cheap. Maybe he missed a 0 LOL.... theres another one going for $40,000 twin turbo. I think thats a typo tho.

O man i would get that car if i had the cash, screw the trep LOL.

description
"1998 SUPRA TURBO, 6-SPEED, BLA
Comment: contact for more info!!!!! 6-Speed, Black/Black Leather, 8,400 Original Miles, Fresh Built Motor & GT42-76 TurboProducing over 1000HP, Fikse Wheels, all matching Vins & Original Paint, Recent Inspection/Compression check perform 8,500 km. $7,000 905-277-0000. (CTGSPY)"

http://www.trader.ca/Search/Details.asp?mknm=768&Region=-1&subcategory=&CAT=1

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I've been seriously considering getting a Nissan 240SX ('89-'94) as a second car. They are nice cars with tons of aftermarket potential. They can be had for a few grand too.

But as far as that Celica goes...WAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY over priced. Retail price when new back in '96 wasn't much more than that selling price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts