DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my plan.... I want to run my system like this.

1 Sony 760 watt amp powering 2 sony 12" subs

1 RF Power 800.2 powering 2 12 RF DVC subs.

How well will this sound or am I better off going with one amp for each of the RF subs?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the reason I have two diffrent subs and amp is the sony setup is my current setup I bought the RFs yesterday. I was just wondering if i could add the RFS to my current setup however, if not I will just sell all my sony items.

·
Registered
137 Posts
yes you definately can add the fosgates to your current setup, although the subs are going to have different sounds to them. My friend has two different types of subs and one set is much clearer than the other. For the amps, to power each sub is costly but more efficeint, it also depends how high you will be running the subs that would determine if the amp will overheat and cut out. If your not going to b turning the amp up all the way then i would say stick with one amp, but if u are going to bump it (i have had experience with RF amps that they will cut out very frequently while being ran at high wattages) i say get two amps and run each like half way .

·
Registered
121 Posts
HEY Sk8-4ever!
I'm about to buy the 12" XPLOD along with the amp, XPLOD also. How does it sound? Do you recommend XPLOD? Have you had any probs with it? I'd really like to know because i still have some thoughts about it. The guys here have given me really good comments, but you actually own the system. So what do you think?

You should listen to warlord, i dont' know if he's just bs'ing but he sure sounds like he knows this stuff
:bigsmile:

j/k bro :p :tongue:

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Carlos said:

You should listen to warlord, i dont' know if he's just bs'ing but he sure sounds like he knows this stuff
:bigsmile:

j/k bro :p :tongue:
hehe

Thank you. Yes I do know my stuff. But I'm only human so I'm bound to get something mixed up (one of these days :)) :biggrin:

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like my sony setup, it was cheap and sound pretty good, the only think I didn't like was that i couldn't ridge the amp or the fuse would blow. If you want a decent sounding system for a small price go with sony or lighning audio sub. I heard them at best buy. And for like $50-60 they hit pretty good!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts