DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
That rhythm is INFECTIOUS.
18,595 Posts
Very nice... what type of mudguards do you have installed? I'm tempted to install a set but haven't decided whether to go with plain black flaps or splurge for the OEM style...

That's the first Trep I've seen debadged, up close... sharp! :)

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
candyman....don't you just love that platinum flake paint? :) that's a really pretty 2nd gen.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
I love the platnium flake paint, it's what i had on my 97!

and in some light, it would look either goldish or silverish.

i loved that car.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the great feedback. I do like the Platinum color, it seems to change with the different kinds of lights that hit it, going from more of a silver look to gold and anywhere in between.

The picture in the dash is of my wife and I last Thanksgiving as pictures for our families before we got married this past May. It's just a remider of what I have special in my life, who is someone very loving as well as a best friend. (no cracks on the married guy being sappy, you all know what I'm talking about!)

Here's the pic in the dash:

·
Registered
217 Posts
candyman, love that clean engine. Any special product you use on it? Or just blast it with the hose :eek:

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't remember the product name, but I use an engine cleaner, just about any kind will do the job. One that comes to mind is Gunk brand.

First I warm up the motor, take it for a quick spin on the highway, then shut her down, remove the air filter, and spray away!

Let stand for about 15 minutes, if needed, scrub really dirty areas with a brush, then hose off. Try not to get too much water on the motor, especially the electrical systems.

Then restart your engine, let it run to get as much water to evaporate, around 5-10 minutes, then towel off wet spots, don't forget the air filter box!

To finalize the clean look, as it will appear dry, I use Armor All tire foam. Coat engine, walk away, and voila! nice shiny clean motor!

Just another thing I have done with all my past cars, motor seem to like being clean, seems to run smoother, or it could just be me!? Looks like a million bux too, never know it was 4 years old with 70k on it! :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts